Pensacola Blue Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kartracer

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Make
45ft Bluewater Coastal
WHEN an WHERE does everyone anchor out for the show. Will be coming in a few days early, what marina do you suggest , if not to late to get a slip.

Depending on the weather a lot of people anchor out off the beach. There will be a published safety zone coming out soon. There is a lagoon close to the beach bridge and it too is a good area to anchor. Be prepared to get there way early as the traffic is really bad. We normally stay long after and then head out after everything calms down.

The "lagoon" Capt. Jon mentioned may well be Little Sabine Bay. It is an excellent vantage point from which to watch the Blues. But it will be crowded. The entry channel is well marked. Deepest water, 8' to 12' is around the outer periphery of the bay. In the center it is so shallow that it dries on spring low tides. Holding is marginal in a mixture of sand and silt. Little Sabine Bay is located on Pensacola Beach to the southwest of the bridge leading over from Gulf Breeze. Enjoy!

Is there any marinas near by???

Yes. There are three I know about: Sabine Marina, Pensacola Beach Yacht Club, and Pensacola Beach Marina, all located in Little Sabine Bay. Suggest you Google for details. Good luck!

We have stayed at Pensacola beach marina several times over the past 8 years. It has changed owners a couple of times but is a good location, not much in the way of services but in walking distance to good restaurants. It used to have a good store I don't know if that is so now, I'd call to see what is available now address is on Active capt.. We have also anchored at Quietwater beach across the road good in good weather, not good in north or east wind though. Active captain shows a couple other marinas near by I think all small. there is a larger marina on the north east side of the bridge, I have never stayed there though

Here is a picture I took about 2007 of Berwick and Alexis' Moondance with Blue Angels flying overhead, during one of their practice sessions.

Attachments

• Moondance Blue angels.jpg
    Moondance Blue angels.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 169
Is there any marinas near by???

You can try Palafox marina in Pensacola, or better yet there are several marinas between Perdido Key and Pensacola along the Intercostal. Oyster Bar Marina, Perdido Key resort Marina with a few others that are just a short cruise to the Bay. Anchor right off the base at NAS Pensacola in 8ft of water. Be patient in leaving with the other 20,000 boats out there!

Hoping to get a slip for the month in P-Cola Yacht Club, would that be a good place to watch the air show

Hoping to get a slip for the month in P-Cola Yacht Club, would that be a good place to watch the air show

Great marina however I would get closer to the air show anchoring off the south end of the bay. That's where the naval air strip is located. Have fun!

We make the Blues every year....Slips are filling up in Pcola this year, even the Pcoal Ship yard is almost full.....We always anchor off the board walk, in the bay....almost every time, at least once a day, there will be a thunderstorm come through, the bay has better holding than Little Sabine, which will be bumper to bumper.....Most boats are anchored off Flounder's ....in fact its Acres and Acres of boats......Slips at Pensacola Beach will be scarce most likely. Lots more Marinas on Bayou Chico, down from Pensacola Yacht Club. Good Luck.....We'll have our New Boat this year

"MTM GRAND"......Already been putting it thru its paces, while its still under warranty :D

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 7.jpg
    FullSizeRender 7.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 227
  • FullSizeRender 10.jpg
    FullSizeRender 10.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 159
  • FullSizeRender 12.jpg
    FullSizeRender 12.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_5674.jpg
    IMG_5674.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5583.jpg
    IMG_5583.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 200
Hey Mark, great looking photos of your new boat! The top pic is on Crab Island in Destin? I know you guys are enjoying MTM Grand! Looking forward to seeing you on the water.

Hey Ragin,

Yall heading this way anytime soon? Hope to see Yall too...were on the boat for 10 days now. Pcola - orange beach area with the kids and their friends. .. Then taking 14 people out one day and another big group another day.... Mostly family and cousins and all.... They All want a Ride :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom