A/C Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Troubadour

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
TRAVELLER
Vessel Make
42' CHB Present
I have a problem with my forward AC unit. It is a Marine Air Systems 16K Cabinmate Model U16KH (1986). The units works well for its age (56 degrees at vent). I typically run both fore and aft (newer 2009 Marine Air Cabinmate with electronic controls) 16k units during the day and power down the older forward unit at night. This morning i tried to fire up the forward unit with nothing happening when i turned the knob to start. I went ahead and replaced the breaker at the panel and checked the voltage at the wiring bar on the top of the unit...... 115 volts at the bar. Still nothing when i turn the knob. Not really experienced with AC systems so wanted to procure some advice prior to diving into the unit with the meter. I have the original paperwork and wiring diagram. Pic of control panel below.

Thanks for the help :thumb:

Attachments

• 31159-2-lg.jpg
    31159-2-lg.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 372
So no fan in the start position?

No fan, No RW pump....... Hoping it is just the switch.

Success....I removed the switch and cleaned 29 years of corrosion from contacts with my Dremel/wire brush. Replaced all slide-on connectors and applied Corrosion X to all contact points. Re-assembled and voila.....Coolness......crisis averted. The Admiral is now happy and I can go back to my sanitary hose replacement project. CHEERS!

I woulda dragged out that corrosion mitigation project awhile, at least for about 5 beers worth of time. Head hose is a real $hitty job.

Back
Top Bottom