Vancouver BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gbonas

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Stormy
Vessel Make
Grandbanks 46 europa
The admiral and I are looking to spend a month from late July in Vancouver. We have looked a coal harbor and false creek areas. We would like to find a monthly rate not a daily rate (very pricey). Any ideas?

Moorage is very hard to get. Expensive city. Good luck.

Sorry to be discouraging.

Do you belong to a yacht club? If so this is one place where belonging has some definite advantages. RECIPROCALS.

Royal Vancouver Y.C.--- RVYC has two spots , one right downtown in Burrard inlet and the other several miles out in English bay although a short cab ride.

Vancouver Rowing Club ---VRC is right downtown in Burrard Inlet

False Creek YC --- FCYC is right down town in False Creek

Burrard YC --- BYC is in North Vancouver in Burrard Inlet with good access to N.Van and Seabus, busses and cabs to Vancouver

You will have to contact them to find out if they will accept what you want to do but give it a try. Usually the rates are far below what commercial marinas will charge.

Just google the clubs location and ask them also exactly where the moorage will be. A phone call may be in order.

Good luck

Last edited:
We are going to be in Vancouver for a couple of days next week. Is there a particular marina that stands out as a place to go for a quick "boat fix?"

Thanks for the info re Vancouver. We have started calling. Sounds like club members will sub let their slips when they are gone.

We are going to be in Vancouver for a couple of days next week. Is there a particular marina that stands out as a place to go for a quick "boat fix?"

Can't really answer that anymore since I left Vancouver ~ 8rs ago.

That said I think if you go to Granville Island you can walk parts of the Civic Marina. When I was living there parts of it were open athough there was a good chunk of commercial.

The other marinas have closed gates and will need someone to let you in.

Call first and ask. The clubs and marinas can be protective and if people figure out you don't belong you may be challenged.

Maybe not but just avoid it.

Have a good time.

Thanks for the advice

Do u s cell phones work in Vancouver?

As long as you don't mind the roaming fees.

Depends upon the carrier. Best is Call your cell phone company and ask. Also ask about roaming fees. Again depends upon carrier how they charge.

When we travel south we get a cheap cell phone and use it as the roaming fees for us add up very quickly. That has been changing but not fast enough.

Do u s cell phones work in Vancouver?

We use US AT&T and call the carrier for a rate. It is less expensive then the roaming fees. We also use the Delorme for remote communication. We winter stored our boat at Mosquito Creek and will be heading north to Alaska this next week.

thanks forthe info, i appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom