Ahoy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henrymei

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Moondance
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
Greetings. We are getting ready to launch our Wilbur 44 in Maryland after bringing her home from Chicago via the Great Lakes last summer. She was built in 1991 at Mt Desert Island Boatworks and finished at Wilbur Yachts. Powered with twin 3208 TA Cats (375hp). Hopefully we have addressed most of the major issues: New Mathers controller on bridge, new pillow block and cutlass bearings, new shafts, new electronics, new vacuflush heads, bottom stripped and painted, rebedded rails, replaced all 110v sockets, installed galvanic isolators, sealed any leaks we could find, installed Olsson davits, rewired starting system, added Racor to generator, installed PSSs, replaced all engine mounts (the aft ones were broken!) Engines were surveyed by Patten Caterpillar in Michigan who did a great job addressing a few minor issues. Our last boat was a 38ft sailing catamaran. Glad the price of Diesel is lower this season!

Welcome to the forum!

Ted

Yes welcome! We need pictures of your baby:)

Great intro post, Henry! You've been busy!

But now we need to look at some pics so we know what you're talking about. As they say on The Internet, "No pics? It never happened"

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the "power side"! Beautiful boat...thanks FlyWright for finding/posting the pics...........

I have a profile picture but it doesn't seem to show up

I have a profile picture but it doesn't seem to show up

Your profile picture is different from your avatar picture. The avatar shows with each post and the profile shows when someone checks your profile.......:thumb:

Attachments

• profilepic8735_3.jpg
    profilepic8735_3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful comments and compliments. I'll try to post some before and after pictures. Hope to launch this coming week.

Riser Question

I am not sure if this is best place to post this question. Here is photo of a fully water jacketed riser on 3208CAT TA 375HP. It has pin holes and needs to be replaced.It was manufactured in 1999. It almost touches the cabin sole. It would be simpler and cheaper to use a single wall stainless riser wrapped in insulation for most of the 48 inch run and inject the cooling water close to the end of the riser where it now exits. The current riser temperature while underway is about 185 degrees. Is the insulation blanket a safe and reliable method? The exhaust gas is obviously much hotter but I don't know how hot. Thanks. Henry

Attachments

• riser.jpg
    riser.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 285

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom