Dogs to Bahamas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otisguy

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Island Spirit
Vessel Make
1976 Hatteras LRC 48'
Going in June and one passenger bringing his 2 poodles.... Anything specific we need to have so they let us in with the canines?
Also anyone do that program with customs or coast guard to get background checked or boat inspected so on returns to US you only have to call customs ?
Sound familiar ?

Thanks ! Another wants to bring his 9 mm - I usually have a shotgun on board? Any regs on this?

Read up on the Bahamian websites. You can bring the guns but there are detailed rules to follow.

When you apply for the permit to bring the dogs to the Bahamas, pay the extra $5 for the fax deliver option. It's the quickest way. We've brought Morgan into the Bahamas twice with no problems. Customs only wanted to see the approved permit from Nassau.

If you read closely you are supposed to take your approved Bahamas form to a Bahamian VET upon landing. I don't know of anyone who has done that. Our last 2 trips we weren't even asked about our 2 cats.

Download the customs clearance form and fill out the firearms section before you leave. You need to be accurate on your ammo count in case you get boarded later during your cruise. When I checked in a couple of weeks ago there was a sign on the window stating something about a 250 round limit. Not sure if that was aggregate or per weapon. Didn't have any that trip so I didn't sweat it. To be safe I'd take that as aggregate. Also the weapons need to be securely locked and can not leave the vessel. If you have an emergency and have to fly out, you have to bring the weapons to the police for safe storage.

Via iPhone.

Johnny Depp is on a learning curve about taking dogs to another country, after bringing 2 dogs to Australia on a private plane, allegedly without informing customs, or quarantining them before entering here. Our Government wants them quarantined, and gone asap, there are reports the US may not allow them back due to exposure here. Those 2 puppies may be wishing they were cosseted TF members dogs. Take care.

Get the form from the Bahamas Ministry of Agriculture. Fill it our, and get your vet certificate in a timely manner. If you cover the bases, taking a dog is a piece of cake. I have just had to list serial numbers of weapons and number of ammunition on the customs document. Just be sure they match. Never had a problem.

Enjoy your Bahamas cruise.

New pet importation form

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 93
Are the poodles that dangerous? :rolleyes:

They can be quite vicious...but not as dangerous as rabbits...then, of course a 9mm is as useless as a one legged man in a arse kicking contest as it is common knowledge that only the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch would be effective.

RTFirefly...please insert the appropriate video clip now!

This is close enough. And you can drink it after you've killed the vicious rabbit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom