Stupid... Stupid Mistake!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully this is mail

I just got set straight about not leaving my email address in a post. I was hoping you could share information about the Vashon Pocket cruisers. I bought the Puffin last summer, a 23' Vashon pocket cruiser or Trawler and there is a ton I have to learn and I'd be happy to pay any costs to you for the info. I scoured the web without a whole lot of luck.

I don't even know if it's a solid or cored hull. I do know it's a scary feeling to have a half ton Dodge pulled down the boat ramp by her. This is also my first diesel boat. I'm pretty excited about this vessel. Thanks!

P.S. If you feel stepped on by my user name I'll change it if I can.

I just got set straight about not leaving my email address in a post. I was hoping you could share information about the Vashon Pocket cruisers. I bought the Puffin last summer, a 23' Vashon pocket cruiser or Trawler and there is a ton I have to learn and I'd be happy to pay any costs to you for the info. I scoured the web without a whole lot of luck.

I don't even know if it's a solid or cored hull. I do know it's a scary feeling to have a half ton Dodge pulled down the boat ramp by her. This is also my first diesel boat. I'm pretty excited about this vessel. Thanks!

P.S. If you feel stepped on by my user name I'll change it if I can.

Welcome! I'd be happy to assist you. I will send you a private message so we can correspond. I have a lot of information on the Vashon trawlers and will gladly share what I have (no need to reimburse). Don't worry about the username--I'm just happy to see another Vashon owner on the forum! Please post some pictures if you can!

Vashons were either built as commercial salmon "trollers" or pleasure cruisers; there are various configurations. Most Vashon's have a hand-laid fiberglass hull but I recently learned that PCV foam core was optional (mine is solid). Not many Vashon trawlers were constructed so information on them is relatively scarce. I corresponded with the builder a year or two ago. There are a few brochure scans in this thread, which may be of interest to you.

Everyone who has worked on my boat comments that it is solidly built. Vashons have a full-displacement hull and are most sea-worthy. Most were outfitted with a 18HP SABB diesel but mine was re-powered with a 29HP Volvo Penta and swings a 16x8 heavy thrust three-bladed prop.

Enjoy Puffin and feel free to share more details about her on the forum!

Attachments

• Sherpa.jpg
    Sherpa.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 216
The only sure way to never make a mistake boating is never go boating. Mistakes are the price we pay to having fun on the water. We just hope it's less than a boat buck when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom