View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #43
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
Not necessarily a good thing.
I've found their tests and those of PMY to be quite reasonable in terms of the results given based on the loads and conditions shown. There are plenty of valid criticisms to make of all testing and review sites, but I've found the test data itself to be quite useful.

I've also found some of the detail information of the tests to be of use. My criticism is that every boat has a great ride, every boat performs great and no boat has any major issues per the tests and reviews. That's true for them and all other sites I know that have reviews of boats. I am not aware of any completely objective and revealing boat review sites or magazines.

That said, I do like to read them but I do so with a discerning mind.

Frankly, this test would give me concern over the boat. I find the range to be inadequate for long range cruising. At any speed above 8 knots it is even borderline to unsatisfactory for the Loop and I don't see people who want to go 6-7 knots buying this boat. Second I find the decibel levels high for a boat of that sort. Most sport boats are quieter.

As always one should look at load and conditions. In this case note 4 people and 3/4 fuel but no water and minimal gear. So fully loaded one would expect poorer performance.

In reading the review itself, I was able to read carefully and there were several things included that I would find matters of concern regarding the boat, this within the typical glowing review.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote