Poly Water Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
A friend of mine is replacing a galvinized steel water tank that is in his 1938 wood boat. Can the TF community recommend a company for a poly tank?

If he can use a rectangular tank then Fisheries is a good source for pre-made poly tanks. If he needs a specific shape then he may have to check with one of the companies that manufacture them. Basically two types out there, roto-moulded and welded. Google is your friend here. The same material is used for both holding tanks and potable water tanks. I was search for "poly holding tanks" and found several sources.

Marty...................

Thanks and yes Google is my friend. Found a company out of CA that makes tanks. I posted in case some folks has had experiance with any one company.

I have bought a couple of tanks from tank-depot.com and been pleased with them. The last one I bought was a 68 gallon water tank. In reality it holds 63 gallons. I think they figure the capacity by using the outside measurements. Other than that I like the tank. Good and fast service.

This is the boat I was looking for a poly tank for! Nice huh...

Attachments

• DSCN8296.jpg
    DSCN8296.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 88
marine sanitation

A friend of mine is replacing a galvinized steel water tank that is in his 1938 wood boat. Can the TF community recommend a company for a poly tank?

marine Sanitation , Seattle.

Google Ronco tanks. They make the tanks for a lot of other companies. They offer about five hundred sizes and shapes. They will install the fittings anywhere you want them.

Google Ronco tanks. They make the tanks for a lot of other companies. They offer about five hundred sizes and shapes. They will install the fittings anywhere you want them.

This is who I bought tanks from for my 38, good company to deal with who build a quality product. Marina let me order the tanks thru them and it saved me 50% over retail. I don't know if the have 500 but they have a bunch of stock sizes they build and will build custom sizes. On mine it took about 3 hours going thru their stock sizes to find 2 to replace my 80 gal aluminium tank to get the maximum amount of capacity, I'am surprised and happy that I ended up with 76 gal.

Thanks and yes Google is my friend. Found a company out of CA that makes tanks. I posted in case some folks has had experiance with any one company.

Hopefully that company is Ronco Plastics (no relation to Ron Popeil and his VegoMatic)...the make TOP quality rotomolded PE tanks for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular. And they install fittings in the sizes, locations and quantitiies specified by the customer when they make the tank.

Tank Depot is retailer for Ronco Plastics...only downside of ordering from them is, they stock tanks with fittings already installed in "standard" locations...not sure what their terms are for ordering tanks with "custom" fittings.

Marine Sanitation sells SeaLand tanks...which are made by Ronco. All Ronco's tanks are made to pretty much the same specs (50% thicker walls than most "off the shelf" and "standard" tanks + reinforced corners)... If SeaLand's molds are propietary you may not be able to order the exact same shapes/sizes that Marine Sanitation sells, but you'll get the same quality if you order direct from Ronco, for a LOT less! And fwiw, 90% of Raritan's tanks are also made by Ronco...you'll find the same molds in both catalogs.

I realize I sound like a shill for Ronco, but I have nothing whatever to do with them. We were Ronco tank distributors for about 10 years...till I sold our product line to Raritan (which is what also put Raritan in the tank biz...they took over our distributorship). So I know the quality of their tanks and their customer service...both are excellent. You'll find their marine tanks catalog at Ronco Plastics Marine Catalog

Thanks and that is exactly what he did. Because he is a business, they gave him a 50% reduction. About $330 for a 95 gal tank....

Thanks HM!

Hopefully that company is Ronco Plastics (no relation to Ron Popeil and his VegoMatic)...the make TOP quality rotomolded PE tanks for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular. And they install fittings in the sizes, locations and quantitiies specified by the customer when they make the tank.

You'll find their marine tanks catalog at Ronco Plastics Marine Catalog

Ditto. I replaced a holding tank over the winter. I was limited in the shape I could retrofit. Ronco had the largest variety I could find. They placed the type, size and shape fittings exactly where I wanted them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom