PNW Willard Gathering Sat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
About 25 Willards will be at Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes WA 5/9/15.
Boats will gather Friday afternoon (mostly) and depart Sunday.
Admission is free and boats will be available to tour 1300hrs to 1400hrs.
Float C. Several Willards will be for sale.

PM me for details if needed.
Heads up there will be a minus tide Sat.
If coming by boat Skinny (but enough) water in the Swinomish Channel and stronger than usual currents in Guemes Channel.

Attachments

• DSCF1011 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1011 copy 2.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 142
Was a great meet w 26 boats in attendance. We arrived Friday noon spent two nights surrounded by Willards. Left on Sun noon to buck the ebb tide home. Had a fantastic pot-luck, good entertainment and lots of great conversations w like minded Willard owners. And those Wonderful Willards. Willard owners really are different and I'm thrilled to be a part of the group.

Sounds like fun. Take any pics?

cardude01,
Yes but I forgot my camera so was stuck w the i-pad. Took 12 - 15 pics but it must have overstressed the pad as it will hardly do anything now and I don't know how to transfer the pics to my i-mac. I think I need a chord w the right ends to plug the two together. Thought I'd try to figger out how to post a pic off the pad but it won't even load up TF. Sorry.

Sounds like a great time .I only know of one Willard in our area , a 36 pilot house named Trident .

Marty I know that boat from the Willard forum. Liked it instantly. It's recieved some attention lately as I recall.

Eric

You could load the TF app to your iPad and load pics that way. Or email them from your iPad to your Mac.

That's cool that you have such a sought after classic like the Willard and can meet up with others to compare and contrast. Pretty sure I'm not gonna have an Island Packet PY meetup any time soon. ?

Eric- Happy to hear you are afloat once again! We are in Seattle passing though back to Alaska. Would loved to have scheduled this event into our travel plans. We like the Willards particularly the 36. Looking forward to the pictures when ever.
Al

Is that pic of "Trooper" a boat like yours? It looks really awkward with that flybridge IMO.

Cardide01,
Yes. We were moored next to them this year.
One of the motivations for buying Willy was that I was relived of the job of taking off the FB. Yea ... Looks kinda stupid IMO. Like a little kid running around w his dadas hat on. Sometimes the rolling is quite objectionable in the wheelhouse .. can't imagine it up there. Plus the weight (8 tons is enough for a 30' boat) windage ect ect.

One nice thing about the FB is (would be I'm guessing) sitting up there in the evening at anchor but I'll settle for my cockpit that I have enlarged it over other Willard Nomads. I took out the stern bench seat. We have folding chairs to look out over the stern rail rather than at the back of the house.

One pic I hope ..
Well I did one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom