Window screens needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NCcoastgrl

Vessel Name
Moonshine
Vessel Make
'89 36' Sabre Trawler
IN NEED of screens~ Good morning,
My husband and I enjoy our 1986, 36' Sabre Trawler that we bought last year. I am looking for screens or at least the frames for the starboard and port side of the galley/salon windows. PLEASE, if you guys know how I can obtain a set or how I can get a set made, I would so much appreciate your assistance.
Tracy Beam

Attachments

• Moonshine.jpg
    Moonshine.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 107
Correction

Our trawler is a 1989, not 1986

With a bit of effort custom screens can be easily created.

Obtain 1/4 or better 3/8 soft refrigeration copper tubing.

Hand bend the tubing to fit into the space they will sit.

Obtain copper screening and solder it to the tubing, done.

If you have steady hands a 3 inch cut off wheel can slit the tubing open.
You then insert the copper screening in the slit , and solder away.

A torch can be used but with less effort the torch can heat a large copper roofing iron , which is simply moved on the copper as the solder melts.

Have fun.

Thank you! I'll let hubby know

If the screens are not used all the time and you want something that is easy to make and store you can with a sewing machine and some soft screen material and edge tape, available from sailrite make your own. Mine use simple snaps and are placed on the outside of windows. This type of screen also gives privacy easy to see out hard to see in and some sun is blocked. Look at my boat picture there is one screen on mid side window still in place. Many use a dark black screen material like this as sun block mine is the lighter color.

Last edited:
"Mine use simple snaps and are placed on the outside of windows. This type of screen also gives privacy easy to see out hard to see in and some sun is blocked."

These are good as the sun blocking creates heat , which is better left outside the boat.

Outside they don't interfere with operating the window.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom