Old 05-08-2015, 09:08 PM   #1623
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
[QUOTE=bfloyd4445;331610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo78 View Post
I took 'Tank' the tender out on the weekend for a test run. I even had a special guest tag along for the ride...

I can't believe how fuel efficient this Merc is. We drove around for 4 hrs and I can't tell how much fuel we used. The tank gauge didn't leave the full mark so I opened the tank and the fuel is almost spilling out. It doesn't go anywhere fast but it'll run on the smell of an oily rag

I have one of those motors and it runs all day on a tea cup of fuel. I have it on my dinghy a 13 foot gregor aluminum i use in the mountains trolling for trout. If i use a handle extension and sit up front the boat will plain maybe at 16/18mph. On my rubber dinghy i steer with my feet and she flies over the water lots of fun but hard to see were your going....
Hey guys - You know anything regarding fuel consumption on Mercs in the 50 hp range (I'll also do a net search). What you get for "cups" of gas per day on small Mercs seems impressive. Although I currently get approx 20 mpg at 25 mph on my 1975 Johnson 50 hp o/b... if I could double that mileage I m might be interested in purchasing a new Merc. That is as long as the Merc still provides same actual hp/torque of the old Johnson.

Happy Dink-Boat Daze! - Art
Art is online now   Reply With Quote