Diesel polish system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my fuel polisher / transfer pump. All the components except the white Racor 1000 filter separator existed before the refit to be able to transfer fuel from tank to tank. In reconfiguring my system, the pump and valves now only polisher and transfer fuel. This pic was during refit, pardon the dust and lack of labeling. Suction valves are on the bottom drawing from tank drains. Return valves are on top. Pump is a continuous duty 5 GPM Flojet. Filter separator is a Racor 1000 with a 2 micron cartridge. System works very well with a whirlpool effect in the separator bowl, very impressive! There is a Racor vacuum gauge plumbed up to the pilothouse to monitor filter element status.

DSCN1072.jpg

Ted

Last edited:
I'll be down at the boat tomorrow and shoot a few More detail shots.
BTW both my kids live in Colorado Springs! You're a good piece from the water..

thank you so much I am semi-retired and fly to Melbourne every other month. I have lived here most of my life so snow and the cold are not a cup of tea. But I do love the summers here, and love the winters in FL.
When it comes to having a boat in the water in FL. and I am here it can be a bit much at times.
Sincerely
Marty

Last edited:
Look again.

Looks like it's sitting on the tailgate of a pickup truck.

If not, I'd be interested if the herringbone brick work is stock KK or added by the owner.

Oops:eek:

Yes, I wanted to show the components before installation, as the hardware is behind the board it is mounted on.

I thought that was sort of obvious since the hoses are not connected to anything.

@Heron: Would you mind sharing walbro pump specs and model number if you have that. I see 'in tank' models but not stand alone versions. And I don't think the ones I see listed are what you have. I'm seeing 60 GPH models. Thanks

@Heron: Would you mind sharing walbro pump specs and model number if you have that. I see 'in tank' models but not stand alone versions. And I don't think the ones I see listed are what you have. I'm seeing 60 GPH models. Thanks

I used the Walbro FRA-4. (32 GPH) These guys have the specs, and recommend this for their fuel polishing set-up...Seems to be a common selection for this application..Scroll down the page for links to their Fuel polishing page..

Walbro FR-Series Industrial and Marine Fuel Pumps from Fuel-Pumps.net

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom