View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
Bacchus
TF Site Team

City: Seneca Lake NY
Vessel Name: Bacchus
Vessel Model: MS 34 HT Trawler
Urgent Request To Help Save This Marina

The Friends of Sampson SP Marina Committee has been working since 2008 to try to convince NYS Office of Parks Recreation & Historic Preservation OPRHP to complete refurbishment of the Sampson marina.
Without the necessary refurbishment the marina will ultimately be "decommissioned" OPRHP code for replace it with a launch ramp & a few temp docks.

If you utilize or otherwise care about this Seneca Lake facility I encourage you to make your concerns known by contacting elected officials by email and/or phone...
Even if you have never visited Seneca Lake please support this effort by expressing your dissatisfaction with eliminating a transient boater facility serving the Cayuga - Seneca Canal which is part of the NY Canal System.

I have attached a file "User Support Letter" - please feel free to cut / paste and add personalizations to your email.

Visit our website to learn more about our campaign to save this marina. Friends of Sampson Marina Website

We are requesting supporters contact:
Rose Harvey Commissioner, NYS OPRHP - Rose.Harvey@parks.ny.gov

and Governor Andrew M. Cuomo - gov.cuomo@chamber.state.ny.us

with cc:'s sent to Assemblyman Phillip A. Palmesano -palmesanop@assembly.state.ny.us

I am not trying to be an unnecessary alarmist but we believe we are close to loosing this long term effort and without significant broad based support from park patrons, transient boaters, the public, and local businesses the decision will be made to eliminate the marina.
NY has provided $Millions in support of canal resources - it makes no sense to essentially "close" this important facility.

PLEASE consider helping this worthwhile cause... or don't be upset if / when it is "decommissioned"

THANKS
Attached Files
File Type: doc UserSupportLetter.doc (28.0 KB, 33 views)
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote