President 38 anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davesail

Hi
I am in contract on a President 38 and wondering if there are any other owners here
Thanks
Dave

Looking at President 37s

Hello,
Interesting that you don't seem to have any replies to your very old post. If anyone is still reading this thread, I'm looking at President 37s, of which there are four or five currently on the market.
Any info regarding these boats is appreciated, specifically with regards to hull construction, design issues I'd need to be aware of when looking to buy, etc. the boats I'm looking at have either twin cummins or twin lehmans so lots of info on the motors already available.
I'd just like to get some knowledge about quality of the boat itself...is it a Bayliner build quality or more sturdy....and my apologies to any Bayliner folks reading this post...just lots of bad press about hull construction with those.
Specifically 96 or 97 year model President 37s.
Thanks

Hello,
Interesting that you don't seem to have any replies to your very old post. If anyone is still reading this thread, I'm looking at President 37s, of which there are four or five currently on the market.
Any info regarding these boats is appreciated, specifically with regards to hull construction, design issues I'd need to be aware of when looking to buy, etc. the boats I'm looking at have either twin cummins or twin lehmans so lots of info on the motors already available.
I'd just like to get some knowledge about quality of the boat itself...is it a Bayliner build quality or more sturdy....and my apologies to any Bayliner folks reading this post...just lots of bad press about hull construction with those.
Specifically 96 or 97 year model President 37s.
Thanks

Oh no...here we go again with that supposed "bad press" about Bayliner hull construction. Amazing there are no failures actually cited. Why? Because there haven't been any?

Now, back to your question. I think they're a decent Taiwanese yacht. No huge problems I'm aware of. They're now trying to sell more larger yachts. Most of the criticism I've heard are things that should have long ago been resolved on the models you're looking at. Beyond that it's a matter of how you feel about the design, how it rides in a sea trial and how it does in a survey. I recall seeing a lot of Presidents on the Tennessee River at Aqua Yacht Harbor a few years ago. The owners we talked to had just traded one for a larger one so were happy with the brand.

And don't listen to scuttlebutt and bad press regarding boats that isn't coming from those in the know. It's a popular parlor game to put down all brands other than what I own.

Back
Top Bottom