View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #424
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I don't have a city water connection on my boat but I have a fresh water spigot for a fresh water hose. A TFer recently suggested adding a pressure regulator to a water hose connected to the city water, then connecting that via a double female adapter to the spigot. I used a washing machine supply hose with 2 female hose connectors.

When I turn on the city water and open my spigot, I get pressure-regulated city water in the boat and the pump does not operate when using water onboard. Without the pump operating, the tank does not empty. The pump serves as a check valve to prevent the water from flowing into and overflowing the FW tank.

When you're connected to city water, is your water pump still operating when you use water? If so, maybe there's a valve somewhere you can open to allow the system to use the city water. If the pump does not run during water use, your tank should not empty.

I have a canister-type water filter under my sink. It filters out sediment but doesn't do much for taste. I think you'd need a better filter than I have for that....maybe a charcoal element. We don't drink our tank water either, but wouldn't have a problem with the city water.

There are some good threads running on wifi extenders and routers. They have some good product recommendations for boat wifi.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote