Deck paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
She gonna prime the aft deck tomorrow . The area is about 11-1/2 ft x 13 ft .If the weather holds out we'll get a couple coats of paint on this weekend .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 163
Enjoy. Love that boat more and more with every picture I see Marty. What engine is in it?

The PO only halfway painted it.:nonono:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Thanks CP .Most of the room is outside . It has v berth with head / shower combo .Party for ten sleeping for two . It was a small shrimper when built with outriggers and big reel in center of deck . It has an Perkins 6.354. The hatch is finally finished also .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
That hatch is stunning. What are you going to do with that huge cockpit?

Thanks HopCar . I'm gonna fill that deck up,with nice people . I wanted to add more living space by tanking in some of the deck and some of the old fish hold under the deck but Joy said :nonono: She thought it would change up the boat to much . It also has a walk thru engine access in the v berth . I'm ready for the shower fixture. I will call and order tomorrow .

Marty, call afternoon. It's almost 1 AM and I'm still sitting front of this damn computer!

1 coat primer and 2 coats paint . Single part Interlux . Added some salt n peppa flake .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 134
We seem to be doing the same thing again Marty. Tomorrow or Wednesday we're going to paint our smaller after deck. Bought two quarts of Brightside Dundowner Buff at WM and they took $106. I think inflation is finally upon us. Don't know if we'll put any anti-skid on/in but if we feel we need it we can always throw on another coat w AS. I'll post some pics later.

Eric,
This mix was just a little sundowner buff with a lot of white . Soundowner changes white quick .Jamestown dist might be a better price and the guys there know their stuff .

Are you going to host the annual Trawler Forum Ball on that deck? You've got room for a good sized orchestra and dance floor.

Started working on forward deck last week . We repaired some gel coat cracks and some other damaged areas . Joy put primer coat on yesterday and first coat of Interlux today . Second coat tomorrow with some salt n peppa flakes added in .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 98
That's some proper yachtsmanship sir. Well done. Well Done!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

That's some proper yachtsmanship sir. Well done. Well Done!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️
Thanks Forklift . I do all the rough stuff and Joy does the finish work . I hope I don't burn her out on this old boat . There is still a lot left to do . Having an old work boat as a trawler allows us to try our hand at projects we would have never tried with something newer and more pristine . If we mess up we just sand it off and start over .

Last edited:
Man, that's really looking good, Marty. I've pretty much got my leaks and cracks sealed up but I have that non-skid print that I don't know what to do with. Sanding down to flat surface leaves it awful thin.

Ditto here Larry. I've got some spider cracks on the side walkways. I haven't bought the flexmold yet, but hope to do a blended repair and save the non skid. I'm still pondering on my approach. All advice welcome!

http://gibcoflexmold.com

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Thanks Larry . Our decks have a wild mix of textures from old repairs , some of it smooth some with fiberglass mat texture and some other stuff that I'm not sure what it is , that's the reason for painting and adding the flakes . Someday I would like to rip it all up and start over with new surface but that's down the road a ways . I'm sure your fiberglass guy will have some suggestions .

Ditto here Larry. I've got some spider cracks on the side walkways. I haven't bought the flexmold yet, but hope to do a blended repair and save the non skid. I'm still pondering on my approach.

I'm thinking about using a 2600-3000 PSI pressure washer, and whatever doesn't come loose will surely have enough grip to hold on to whatever I decide to put over it, provided I use something to treat the paint surface so the primer sticks. Exactly what, I dunno.

I'm thinking about using a 2600-3000 PSI pressure washer, and whatever doesn't come loose will surely have enough grip to hold on to whatever I decide to put over it, provided I use something to treat the paint surface so the primer sticks. Exactly what, I dunno.

That is a project for this winter for me

BTW Marina Jack just bought another Marina for haul outs

Back
Top Bottom