• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Wanted: Looking to buy a 25' pocket trawler in the Northeast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fvkw

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
25' Kencraft "Buxton"
Hello, I am looking to buy a 25' pocket trawler in the New Jersey,Tri-state area!
I appreciate any leads!

:)

Hello, I am looking to buy a 25' pocket trawler in the New Jersey,Tri-state area!
I appreciate any leads!

I did an advanced search on Yachtworld and didn't find much available. There is a Ranger Tug or two up in MA in the $100K range.

Also, there is a poster on TF who is selling a Nimble Nomad in north FL. It is on a trailer. He is asking $25-30K. I haven't seen it but it seems like a good deal to me.

Thank you! That's why I posted here looking.

i am selling a Nimble Kodiak pilothouse motorsailer if interested. It's located in Elkton, Maryland just below the Delaware state line. check the adds here posted earlier. it comes as either a motorsailer or a trawler the only difference being the mast which is on a tabernacle to raise /lower easily. 18 hp yanmar diesel, slow and efficient

Attachments

• nimble3.jpg
    nimble3.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
i am selling a Nimble Kodiak pilothouse motorsailer if interested. It's located in Elkton, Maryland just below the Delaware state line. check the adds here posted earlier. it comes as either a motorsailer or a trawler the only difference being the mast which is on a tabernacle to raise /lower easily. 18 hp yanmar diesel, slow and efficient

That is a nice looking boat!
Thank you.

I would like to find a clean Nimble Nomad close to New Jersey.

If you're thinking of a Nimble Nomad, maybe you should look at a C-Dory 25. It is about the same size (bit wider) and it can go a lot faster when you want it to.

A real pocket 25 was made by Albin of Sweeden some tears ago. I'm not nuts about the aft cabin but some cut it out. A really good boat though.

I liked the Albin 27 a lot, aft cabin and all. However, it is not very trailerable.

If you put a canvas enclosure up, you have a lot of space. If I had one, I would consider extending the hardtop over the entire cockpit.

Was the Finn 8 ever sold there? See pics/info on the recent thread "I got a boat". Quite trailerable apparently.

If you're thinking of a Nimble Nomad, maybe you should look at a C-Dory 25. It is about the same size (bit wider) and it can go a lot faster when you want it to.

I like the C-Dory 25, and the idea for being able to kick it up a bit!
It worries me a little about how slow the Nimble Nomad is, and the flat bottom.

Nimble Nomads came in a variety of power options (down to 9.9HP) and the flat bottom was ideal for cruising shallow waters--particularly in Florida. I can attest that they are well-built and most sea-worthy. I'm guessing you are looking for the traditional lines of a "trawler" but something capable of well more than displacement speed. Have you looked at the Retro Marine line of boats? Retro

I seriously considered the Cape Island trawler before I opted for a real trawler (troller). Yes, life is at 6 knots or so but I very much wanted a displacement hull. Anyway, the Retromarine boats are very, very nice looking in my opinion.

Nimble Nomads came in a variety of power options (down to 9.9HP) and the flat bottom was ideal for cruising shallow waters--particularly in Florida. I can attest that they are well-built and most sea-worthy. I'm guessing you are looking for the traditional lines of a "trawler" but something capable of well more than displacement speed. Have you looked at the Retro Marine line of boats? Retro

I seriously considered the Cape Island trawler before I opted for a real trawler (troller). Yes, life is at 6 knots or so but I very much wanted a displacement hull. Anyway, the Retromarine boats are very, very nice looking in my opinion.

Thank you for the information, I like the Nimble Nomads and they are built well! But that Retro Marine looks nice! I am looking for the right boat for us.

Thank you very much, very helpful!

Glad I could help. I fell in love with classic lines of the Retromarine boats. I had researched both the C-Dory and Retro and eventually decided on the Retro.

Another boat to consider is the Arcadia 21 and 25 lobster boats from Atlas Boat Works. Probably not what you are looking for but worth exploring: Atlas Boat Works - Acadia & Pompano Boats - Acadia 20E

After exhaustive research, boat visits and discussions with small trawler owners, i purchased a 2003 Rosborough RF-246 two years ago. Still very happy with my decision. It's extremely seaworthy, surprisingly spacious (the cockpit hardtop extends living space as well as providing rooftop storage for inflatable) and offers an unusual amount of storage for a boat it's size. The hull is semi-displacement. With a 140 Suzuki OB, I get just under 3/mpg traveling at 8 knots. Spent two months living aboard last summer - comfortable and frugal. I recommend the Rossi to you.

After exhaustive research, boat visits and discussions with small trawler owners, i purchased a 2003 Rosborough RF-246 two years ago. Still very happy with my decision. It's extremely seaworthy, surprisingly spacious (the cockpit hardtop extends living space as well as providing rooftop storage for inflatable) and offers an unusual amount of storage for a boat it's size. The hull is semi-displacement. With a 140 Suzuki OB, I get just under 3/mpg traveling at 8 knots. Spent two months living aboard last summer - comfortable and frugal. I recommend the Rossi to you.

I love these boats, just not alot of them around the northeast for sale. I would LOVE to get one of these boats!!!!

Thank you for the 411

i would look at the Ranger Tugs. We bought a Ranger 29 and have been happy with it. They pack a lot of amenities in their boats which we appreciated. Good customer support from the manufacturer with lots of group get-togethers and a very active owners group. Go to the Tug Nuts owners group if you're interested.

Thank you! They are probably to much loot for me.

If it's just a small trawler type you seek, don't forget the Cape Dory 28. I've seen several (in various configurations) for sale in the NE.
We quite like ours!

IMG_0109-vi.jpg

If it's just a small trawler type you seek, don't forget the Cape Dory 28. I've seen several (in various configurations) for sale in the NE.
We quite like ours!

IMG_0109-vi.jpg

That is a nice boat, I delivered one from Ct. To N.J. years ago, very nice boat!

Nice find Larry! The aluminum trailer is $8-10K by itself and it's been re powered recently with a Beta 28! If most of it was done right that makes this a nearly free boat at $20K for someone looking for an Albin.

Nice find Larry! .

Of course it is.....it came off "your" list. You are Craig, aren't you.

I like this boat and particularly with the trailer. True, the re-power and trailer must have cost that much or close to it.

hi dont buy your boat a foot at a time ,i got that advice and promptly ignored it, i have a 34 ft cheoy lee pilothouse,sundeck,flybridge,cockpit trawler twin 80 hp ford diesels [ 1.3 gal per hr. burn rate ] ac/gen/windless/etc

Attachments

• 8   12   14   pitsford 004.jpg
    8 12 14 pitsford 004.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 8   12   14   pitsford 006.jpg
    8 12 14 pitsford 006.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 8   12   14   pitsford 007.jpg
    8 12 14 pitsford 007.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for the words of wisdom! I am going to look at a cape dory next week.

fvkw,
You say you don't want the Albin ... that you want a single engined OB. Sounds like you want a sport fishing boat .. and it looks like you've already got on of those .. .? I think you just want an OB boat .. not a trawler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom