New Californian owner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frgeorgeh

Vessel Name
Ten Knots
Vessel Make
42' Californian LRC
We are closing on a 42' Californian LRC next week. We've had a lot of help already from the forum. We will probably need a lot more but are hoping to contribute also as we move aboard.

We are going to be in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Give us a Hollar if you are near by.

George and Betty Jo
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1428273814.920753.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1428273833.850755.jpg

Welcome to the Forum and good luck on that very nice Californian.

Happy Easter Fr George and Betty Joe. Somehow seems appropriate that you are beginning this new life in this Easter season.

Again-big congrats to both of you.

Congratulations George and Betty Jo!

Enjoy your new boat!

Ted

Congratulations you two . Happy Easter

Congratulations. They are fine ships.

Ha ha.

R T Firefly, I can`t see Gearge and Betty Jo doing quite that but I am willing to be completely wrong.

If you are not happy buying a boat then you are doin it wrong.

Regards.

David.

Congrats!!

Way to go George and Betty Joe! Now the fun begins.......:D

How about a TF fleet blessing this fine Easter week, new thread?;)

Great idea. Honored to be asked. Blessing Coming up

Congratulations on your new boat. The Californian LRCs are a great boat and will serve you very well in the years to come!! :thumb:

Hi There
I just recognized your boat, if I'm not mistaken you are at the same marina at Dania Beach.
My boat is the Morning Star a 43 Californian.
I'm not a live aboard but there often. Stop by and say HI.

Steve

We are closing on a 42' Californian LRC next week. We've had a lot of help already from the forum. We will probably need a lot more but are hoping to contribute also as we move aboard.

We are going to be in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Give us a Hollar if you are near by.

George and Betty Jo
View attachment 38914View attachment 38915

Congrats more pics!!!!!

Hi There
I just recognized your boat, if I'm not mistaken you are at the same marina at Dania Beach.
My boat is the Morning Star a 43 Californian.
I'm not a live aboard but there often. Stop by and say HI.

Steve

Hi Steve! We sure will.

Foul Fr G! Those are pics we have already seen.......

Foul Fr G! Those are pics we have already seen.......

Ok ok ya caught me. Been in the bilge most the time. Fair enough. New ones on the way.

How about a pic of my first shake down cruise ocean log entry? We had some minor issues that might be helpful to noobs like me.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1429748181.663315.jpgfree magma grill I found in the hold. Still so much stuff down there. No telling what we will find!

When we first bought our boat we filled every garbage can in the marina with previous owner junk! Water line came up at least an inch!

When we first bought our boat we filled every garbage can in the marina with previous owner junk! Water line came up at least an inch!

What hasn't gone into dumpster other boaters have taken. There was enough rope on here to tie the world down!

Friar-not rope! Line or lines! Or rode if it has the wrong anchor on the other end!

Greetings,
Mr. frg. Ugh indeed. Don't let it get you down. After a bit you'll be spouting nautical talk like an old salt...Ooops, forgot your profession/calling. MOSTLY nautical talk. Many moons ago one of my Power Squadron proctors was ex navy (WWll). He told us there were only 3 ropes on a boat. The bell rope, the bucket rope and some obscure "rope" far aloft on some sort of 4 masted sailing vessel. This might help you along with the "other" nautical verbiage...
http://i.imgur.com/ZcMbun4.jpg

When he gave it to his friends, it was carried off the boat and it became rope. Kind of a nautical transubstantiation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom