1st December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy G

Hospitality Officer
Vessel Name
Sarawana
Vessel Make
IG 36 Quad Cabin
Couldn't resist being first to post.

Event: the mighty hounds 13 th birthday
name: Basil(after Basil Fawlty)
Type: Old English Sheep dog
Good for: Sleeping, scaring the hell out of the postie*& stealing choc Easter eggs
aww.gif

Attachments

• dsc_0320.jpg
    dsc_0320.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 403
Yea, we got our own place now.* Nice one.* Thanks John and Doug.*
I've now got a few pics of Lotus in her new livery - that is new paint and canvas all round now.* Sorry the other object in the pic is not such a pretty sight.* Crikey I wish our proper summer would arrive.* Wettest spring on record here....

Attachments

• img_0016.jpg
    img_0016.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 136
  • image087.jpg
    image087.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 136
  • pbradley.jpg
    pbradley.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 127
shrimp wrote:

Good for: Sleeping, scaring the hell out of the postie*& stealing choc Easter eggs
aww.gif
Please be careful with the Chocolate.* It can be fatal to a dog.

Glad to see you guys finally got your own home. It will be nice to drop in once in awhile and warm up when the snow is flying up here.

Hiya,
** Mr. Peter B.* Boat looks great but speaking of dogs, those other snaps you posted*REALLY scared*my dog and me as well (but not as much as the dog).* This is the last time I'll show my dog any pictures from TF at all.* The last time he saw a picture of SD he wouldn't come out from under the bed for three days.* Goodness knows HOW long he'll be under there THIS time!!!!
PS:* He did like the picture of Basil.

-- Edited by RT Firefly on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 01:26:21 PM

Now that we have been given our own space we had better use it.
Have we got an event happening yet.
Not that I know of.
Presently back in Tin Can Bay doing a little cleaning up whilst the engine is out and waiting for the arrival of my new beast.(end of Jan 2011)
Allan Y is just over the marina from me but as yet I have not sighted him, me thinks he works to much and here am I heading off to work on the 17 th Dec.

Merry Xmas everyone and a Happy New Year.

Benn

And Benn, it doesn't have to be an event to post in here. It is also about Cruising as it relates to y'all down there. Have fun and don't worry, it will grow legs at some point.

John,
It is pretty hard to cruise when the heart of the beast is on the dockside.
But all is on the up and up.

Benn

Benn, I still haven't given up on a down-under get-together, but I'm afraid it will now have to wait until in the new year, the way things have gone for many of us lately. Assuming all goes as planned re your new engine, when do you think you might be back in Mooloolaba, and when do you head for Tassie and the wooden boat show.

Peter,
With this new turn of events the Tassie trip is off.
I will be home approx 20 th Jan 2011 and hopefull will be putting the new engine in before the end of Jan and heading back to Mooloolaba approx mid Feb.
I really intend to have 15 weeks off this time so should be land based until approx early May.
But with work the way it is there is a lot of pressure on for me to get back out there.
No not from the Boss but from vessel owners, with Gladstone being on a surge there is a lot of work being generated up there as well as over in the West.

All going well I may even run into Allan before I depart from Tin Can Bay.

Benn

ok, well when I get back from our 'big ship' cruise out of Sydney, (Pacific Sun' 19th to 28th), and, no, I won't be looking Oprah up, don't need to - can't escape it at present, I'll put out an APB to all our Queensland people to see what we might cook up. Watch this space.

Man,
Just like me Xmas at sea.
Mind you I think yours may be a little more fun.

Benn

Benn, I hope so, as we are paying quite a bit for the privilege, whereas you are being paid to go I suspect.
Hey, I've suggested the guys in our original group join us over here, as it will be easier to round everyone up. Trouble is the other place has got so quiet they hardly ever look - still - if it comes to a crunch I have their emails or mobiles.

Yeah I actually poped in the other day 13000 odd members and the only people posting are the regulars here.
And it is still slow and cluttered.

Hey Guys have a Very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.
I will still be in contact whilst away but probably not as often.

Benn

Same to you Benn and anyone else - have a good one. I hope there are no early cyclones out there in the Pacific next week. Over and out for now.....

Peter,
Poped up to TCB today to measure up a few bits and pieces.
For the first time ran into Allan Y .
Droped in to see him and look over his boat, he reciprocated comming over later for an afternoon frostie.
We had a good chin wag, good to meet up.
Alls well in TCB

Benn

-- Edited by Tidahapah on Monday 21st of March 2011 03:52:35 AM

Good to hear Benn. How's the engine re-install going. The parts for my engine arrived late last week, so hopefully are going in even as I type...well not literally, as it's 2230 here right now, but this week anyway......
Gosh, will I be glad when, (like the death star), she is "fully operational"...(imagine gurgling fish-man tones....sorry my kids were Star Wars fans...so Dad had to be a fan too...)
We must work towards that local trawler corroboree.....but it will have to wait until I'm back from our UK trip now. Heading off in a couple of weeks.
To give you an idea how much I'm hanging out for her to be ready to go, my Avatar pic was imported 1/12/2010, so was taken late November, and that was our last trip out.

-- Edited by Peter B on Tuesday 22nd of March 2011 06:38:11 AM

Peter,
Just a query.
What parts did you have to get OS and how long did they take to arrive.
I would be suprised if it is more than 7 days
I have been bringing in a lot of stuff recently and 1 week is usually the max unless the suplier does not have it in stock.

Out to see the engine on the dyno tomorrow so may have a better idea on the delivery date after that.
Benn

Benn, the bit that had to be imported was the exhaust injection knuckle/elbow whatever. (ie, in case I called it the wrong name, the curved cylindrical part that fits on the end of the manifold, and that ends at the exhaust hose, just after the raw water is injected into it). $800 for that alone! Seemed to take about 2-3 weeks to come in.* The Lehman fellow in Sydney had the oil coolers and heat exchanger on the shelf.* But they are all here now, so.....I'm not going to ring and pester.....well, not till friday anyway....

-- Edited by Peter B on Wednesday 23rd of March 2011 06:13:16 AM

Hey...nice surprise. Rang the marine mechanic today expecting as I had not heard anything all week, that there might be a glitch, but no...! The parts are all in, the engine up and running, and all is well. Now I just have to degrease the damned thing, (those bits I can get at anyway), and clean her up and re-spray it to match the new added on engine bits which are all nice, shiny, new, and red....

Ok, well de-greasing done. Worst job was sucking out all the oily water in the (isolated) engine bilge, and disposing of it (correctly or course). Bit of a hike to the disposal site too. Boy she sounds good. Now to paint the old parts of the engine tomorrow and all done. Then I got to be home in time for the grand prix, or son will have my guts for garters, as they say.

Good stuff Peter,
I am back down to Bris in the next couple of days.
Out to visit my engine (sound like a sick relo) and may be time to put a bit of pressure on my diesel man.
I would really like to be out of TCB by the end of April and back in my own berth at Mooloolaba.
Any how good to see you are up and running again.

Benn

Hope you get some good news there Benn.
Well, engine duly sprayed. Used a tip someone on the forum mentioned of wrapping hoses and other not-meant-to-be-red bits with alfoil - worked a treat. Forgot to take before and after shots until finished and floors back down - bugger - sorry. Might get a shot next time down if I feel motivated.

Ok, well, all done.* Engine together, re-paint done, successful outing Sunday - ran like a sewing machine...which I think is good, right?

How's it going for you Benn...?

Pics below....

Attachments

• image020.jpg
    image020.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image015.jpg
    image015.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 96
Peter,
out to see the Guru tomorrow and then up the Coast for a few days.
Got a Longtail Tuna on fly comp on over the week end so having a few days of da boat.
All going well may have the Gardner on transport to TCB end of next week.
Did you see the You Tube vid clips , she's looking pretty good.
Will keep you posted.

When you of to the UK.
I am heading out on May 30 th until June 22 nd. Then I think back to work for a while.

Benn

ER looks good Peter

Benn
Are you sick of us at TCB already?? wanting to leave so soon
smile.gif

Good to hear the motor is coming along

I am having a few days at Alexander Headland R&R
Had lunch at the spit at Mooloobah today
Can't see why you like it over Mooloobah except for the seafood
smile.gif

Catch you later

Allan

-- Edited by AllanY on Wednesday 13th of April 2011 03:51:51 AM

Heading off in two weeks exactly Benn, back on the 31/5/11. Looks like we'll have to try and organise something up there or down here during the winter.....?
Good luck with that engine install...boy it certainly is a relief when one gets one's baby running again.

Good to hear you're still about Allan.* How would you be placed re some kind of get-together maybe July/Aug time...?

Any preference where guys?

-- Edited by Peter B on Thursday 7th of April 2011 06:44:42 AM

Andy G wrote:
Couldn't resist being first to post.

Event: the mighty hounds 13 th birthday
name: Basil(after Basil Fawlty)
Type: Old English Sheep dog
aww.gif

<a>
tn-838650
</a>
*Very sad news for the Andy*G family, Baz, our mighty hound, that legend in his own lunchtime, had to be put down yesterday, despite being 14 1/2 was going strong when a rotten thing called bloat took him down in a matter of hours. We are all pretty devastated.

We will miss you mate.

Andy , sorry to hear about your loss mate.
Allways a sad time especially when it's sudden like that.

Andy G,*

Sorry for your loss.* Dogs bring such special moments into our lives.* We're lucky to have them, even if the visits are too short.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom