Off the Deep End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janice142

Guru
Vessel Name
Seaweed
Vessel Make
Schucker mini-trawler
Just how off the deep end must one be to WANT to join that sub-section?

Every time I go to the doctors I get a jacket, a straight one. It makes me feel special because I get to hug myself.

You gotta be way out there, Janice. I don't think you're that close to the edge yet. :D

You gotta be way out there, Janice. I don't think you're that close to the edge yet. :D

Seaweed is 23' long and I've lived aboard her since 2008. And I'm on my second engine swap in a year. There are sanity issues involved, but I'm having too much fun to care. :)

Well, if you can handle that, OTDE would be like a walk in the park to you! :hide:

I have a letter from my psych stating that I am sane, when you get one of those you will have made it. lmao

David.

I'll leave you boys to your playground... For now. Enjoy.

It was a passing thought, easily smothered by sangria.

Actually it's fox grape wine, made by a friend. All that grape picking was worth it. Totally worth it.

FoxGrapeWine.jpg

The only problem is I wish the bottle was smaller.

Last edited:
I must admit when I saw you had posted in OTDE Janice, I thought good god what's she doing in that den of vipers.

Perhaps you have ventured in to the dark side much as the 'Lady with the Lamp' did all those years ago. From now on I will call you Florence. :rolleyes:

I'm going to stick with the main forum... There is a nice tranquility about Seaweed and I like it. :)

And I'm not familiar with Lady with the Lamp nor Florence. (shrugs)

Can someone please tell me the story on OTDE. I've seen the heading but when you click on it the message is it is empty.

And I'm not familiar with Lady with the Lamp nor Florence. (shrugs)

Florence Nightingale;" She came to prominence while serving as a manager of nurses trained by her during the Crimean War, where she organised the tending to wounded soldiers.[1] She gave nursing a highly favourable reputation and became an icon of Victorian culture, especially in the persona of "The Lady with the Lamp" making rounds of wounded soldiers at night" (Wilkpedia)

The sad truth is that Off The Deep End is actually quite shallow.

Can someone please tell me the story on OTDE. I've seen the heading but when you click on it the message is it is empty.

Off The Deep End is a sub-section under the Off Topic section. One needs to opt-in to enter. It's a no-holds-barred approach to countless futile attempts to change another of his long-held beliefs, positions and opinions. Some are there to bait the others and a few unsuspecting souls end up being the prey as they cannot resist the chance to bite.

Off The Deep End is a sub-section under the Off Topic section. One needs to opt-in to enter. It's a no-holds-barred approach to countless futile attempts to change another of his long-held beliefs, positions and opinions. Some are there to bait the others and a few unsuspecting souls end up being the prey as they cannot resist the chance to bite.

My dad used to say "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

I collect these . They are a natural grain character in lumber , mostly white oak . Am I OTDE ,or just snorting to much sawdust ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 518
One more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 242

I'll probably regret asking this... but how does one opt in? Is it an invite only kind of thing?

I'll probably regret asking this... but how does one opt in? Is it an invite only kind of thing?

You'll need to be issued a set of these before being allowed to start a thread in the OTDE section.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 192
You'll need to be issued a set of these before being allowed to start a thread in the OTDE section.

I suspect actually starting a thread would be a grave mistake. No, it's more a morbid curiosity. I wanna see what's happening behind that curtain...

Try this:

top left corner Click USER CP

left margin Click GROUP MEMBERSHIPS

Click Off The Deep End JOIN GROUP

If/when you reach the point of regretting your morbid curiosity, you can go back and click LEAVE GROUP.

Don your flameproof, teflon suit before entering. Best of luck and Godspeed!!

I immediately regret that decision. I'm glad it's just a small handful of crazies, at least.

Yes, at least by visiting, you now know who the crazies are!! There's gotta be some value in that.

Odd. When I go to the CP it says I`m subscribed, but when I go there it says No Posts (or something similar). Can Admin help?
I survived looking in there as a Mod, it`s not that scary, but I`m glad we didn`t have to moderate it. You are on your own in there.

So... what you do if you get in the OTDE gang is talk about anchors and which color boat is best? :)

Greetings,
Mr. 99. Strangely enough, the subject of anchors or boat colors has NEVER come up in OTDE....I agree fully with Mr. FW (post #23). As a result of my participation there are some who I'd be loathe to even meet. Others, I'd love to sit and chat with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom