Old 04-10-2015, 06:39 PM   #28
janice142
Guru

City: Madeira Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Seaweed
Vessel Model: Schucker mini-trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boathooked View Post
I admit that I know very little about long term cruising/live aboard (thus why I am on here to learn) but is something that is 14.5 x 12.2 x 5.0 really that hard to find space for??

TekNmotion 320 Disc Case/Organizer, Black - Walmart.com
A friend had one of those and frankly I didn't like it. Any time he wanted a movie you had to flip through page after page (four DVDs per) to find what you were looking for. It disturbed my sense of organization.

I'm still in the dark ages with cases, sorted in alphabetical order. It's not the best and I would prefer the hard-drive option. At this point I don't have a TV though I do have a 12-volt (automobile) DVD player that works well.

Being able to store a plethora of movies sounds great however with the 100 or so movies I have, I tend to watch and re-watch them. There's enough variety.

And when I get tired of a movie I either resell it on Buy , Sell , Search Textbooks , Music , Movies & Games Online at Half.com or pass it along at a marina with a swap shelf.

Side note for the economical: Half charges $3 shipping for the first DVD (Amazon nicks you for $4) and if you buy from the same seller, additional movies are just $2 shipping per... something to consider anyway.