Texas bottom paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Can anyone recommend a good bottom paint for Texas? I got a recommendation for Trinidad 75 if leaving in Florida (and it will be in Florida for some of the summer), but I didn't know if I should use something else here in Texas.

I just want to know how you are going to lift Texas up to paint it. Sounds like a big job.

Note to self. Don't post during cocktail hour.

Trinidad or Interlux Ultra or Micron is fine for Texas. 30 years plus experience. Cheap of either brand won't cut it.

I'll 2nd the Pettit Trinidad or Interlux Ultra, I'am getting fresh paint this year and did a lot of research before deciding. It is getting a barrier coat using Interlux Interprotect 2000 so I went with the ultra for warranty reasons. A member on here who cleans bottoms highly recommended the Trinidad and I would of followed that advice but didn't want any problems with the warranty if a problem would arise.

I saw some real interesting bottom paint jobs on Montrose Street in Houston once. When I touched to see if real I got threatened by her....least it looked like a her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom