42 LRC Teak and Holly Floor Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. frg. "It will take weeks..." Hahahaha...Such a joker. The way I figure out these things is estimate how long a task will take in hours, triple it, convert to weeks and then double that.
Money is somewhat along the same lines in a lot of cases. $X2 or 3+ 200%+additional costs...Oh, and +tax.
jck.gif

I hate math!!! LOL ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1428423232.290991.jpg

George,

You will not notice a sound difference. We put a floating wood floor in two years ago. Of course "quite mat" (1/8 foam) is laid between sub floor and floating floor which may help a wee bit. But overall, you will not notice a difference.

Agreed! It will take weeks to prioritize lists for items, getting things sorted by safety, need to have, want to have, etc.

We have had the boat for 9 months and I have given up trying to prioritize the list. Boat bucks are overwhelming the purse! I got to the point where even if it is old, if it works, I ain't replacing it.

That looks great, Bren. I did almost the same thing in the cockpit.

I bought the boat with this original drop leaf table, but the settee had been deepened by the PO and the only way to get in or out was fwd near the helm.

img_322982_0_02c12294aa7fad574ab072eb1a324f01.jpg

I made 2 22" rounds with the local nautical charts under resin and changed out the mounts to flush mounts so I wouldn't keep tripping on them.

img_322982_1_ec6c4e86b431797074b41c048f9aa30f.jpg

I added the cockpit mount exactly where you did and use one table in the cockpit.

img_322982_2_a2c931aa8c4f82fd8d4ef3dc708d14cf.jpg

It gives us greater flexibility and allows for more salon room when guests are aboard.

My lazarette hatch didn't come with hinges, so I added a set like you have. That has also made a huge difference since I need access to the laz every time we're out.

Those tables look great. Nice job!

How are the hinges on the lazarette mounted soundly? Nuts and backing board on underside or just wood screws?

How are the hinges on the lazarette mounted soundly? Nuts and backing board on underside or just wood screws?

I used SS hardware through-bolted with large diameter washers, fiber lock nuts and 4200. It's a very solid and heavy hatch. I'll post some pics if I find any.

Similar to Bren737, I replaced carpet with Teak/Holly. Living in California, not the same humidity issues - bought plywood sheets with Teak/holly laminated on surface. Might be a good option for replacing small sections.
4x8 sheets of teak/holly are readily available in the $300 range. One source is here: http://www.boulterplywood.com/MarinePlywood_4.htm

As a side note, forward area would have been too dark with teak/holly. Chose engineered bamboo flooring instead. Contrast between the bamboo deck and mahogany bulkheads is very cool.

Attachments

• 2005-02-13 004.JPG
    2005-02-13 004.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 90
  • galley 7.JPG
    galley 7.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMGP1203.JPG
    IMGP1203.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 102
Wow! that does look sharp, fore and aft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom