Washington State TF members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Arctic Traveller
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
It seems to me that there are quite a few members of this forum in Washington state, and the San Juans in particular.* I'd be interested in knowing how many there are, as I'm thinking of hosting a holiday get together to meet some of you.* We are currently in Anacortes.* So, the question is, would there be any interest in a get together?* If so, how many folks would make the treck to Anacortes?** Perhaps in a couple weeks?.........Arctic Traveller

Arctic Traveller wrote:

It seems to me that there are quite a few members of this forum in Washington state, and the San Juans in particular.* I'd be interested in knowing how many there are, as I'm thinking of hosting a holiday get together to meet some of you.* We are currently in Anacortes.* So, the question is, would there be any interest in a get together?* If so, how many folks would make the treck to Anacortes?** Perhaps in a couple weeks?.........Arctic Traveller
I'm in if it fits my busy schedule. I'm an hour away. How about Cafe Adrift?*

-- Edited by Carey on Sunday 5th of December 2010 01:20:08 PM

My boat is in Anacortes and I'm trying to get there next weekend.* It would be great to get together if the timing works.* After that I probably can't get there until January.
Lyle

Our boat is in Seattle and we hope to be there by Christmas, leaving for Vancouver Island probably by mid-January.* We're definitely up for a meet and greet if it happens in that timeframe.

This may be my first post of this forum. We live in Port Orchard and keep the boat, a Mariner Seville 37 PH, at the PO yacht club. Will have to take a rain check on the meeting but would enjoy getting together later if it becomes a regular thing. Unfortunently, my wife and I are spending the winter in Yuma, AZ where the temperature was close to 80 today. Sorry, am I rubbing it in? I do miss the boat however.

How about the end of January.
*I plan on attending the Seattle Boat show.
Jan 21-30.

SD*

Capt. Jeff-

That sounds like a great idea. A Nice way to meet folks. We'll make it if we are in the area. Looks like we are gonna suffer for a few days in Hawaii up untill X-mass day. By the way we are really enjoying our new home port over here in La Conner.
Rob & Anne "Lady Anne" Willard PH40

Wonderful idea but I'm not sure the timing will be "right" for us.* We are in Brownsville, WA so the 2 biggest driving factors*are the weather and the Admiral.*

We too are going to the Seattle Boat show.

We bought a view lot in Anacortes that we hope to retire in in about six years. Currently we live in Redmond. I think it's a great idea but working at a hospital I never know when I'll be working.

Side note to Windmist... We also came close to buying a Seville 37 PH but couldn't come to terms. Seems to be a great boat.

Dave

-- Edited by wingspar on Monday 6th of December 2010 03:43:53 PM

My wife is leaving me to visit her daughter and grandchildren, so I am left to my own demise, except Christmas Eve to take my dad to mass and day taking my dad around to see grandchildren.* His birthday was 10/29/10 turned 94, so I took his driving privilege away.* Revenge is sweet!* However, I am still his favorite son.* Only because I am his only son!*

The Seattle boat afloat show is a good time as most of us attend the show.* Since we use to moored where the Afloat show is, we also visit old neighbors and friends.* Plus our son owns two restaurants in Seattle and we know the owners of the Blue Water Bristo at the Afloat.* I have crawled to the boat many nights.* **It was not uncommon for find strangers wandering though our boat as they thought is was pat of the show.* We have met some very nice people that way.

Anyway whatever works.

Thanks RickB!* So do you keep the number by your phone or on your speed dial?*

Actually I have to work most of the days she is gone, and Monday, Wednesday and Friday I visit/check up on my dad, and we have dinner at one of our family restaurants if he feels up to it.

Anyway thanks for being so thoughtful.* I dont know you cared so much?* ***

Phil Fill wrote:

Thanks RickB!* So do you keep the number by your phone or on your speed dial?*
Phil, don't call that number.* When I was despondent over my obscured stern light, I called it.* The calls had been out sourced to Pakistan.* They got all excited and asked it I could drive a truck1

RickB wrote:Geez Phil ... no need to take it to that extreme. Give these folks a call, maybe they can help.
LMAO!

Phil Fill wrote:

Anyway thanks for being so thoughtful.I dont know you cared so much?

It's a John Donne thing, don't take it personally.

Hiya,
* Jump Phil/Fill...Jump....oh, hold it wait....Don't Jump Phil/Fill don't Jump....Sorry I panic'd

You guys (and gals) crack me up, I had no idea we had so many comedians here.* Hell, it would be a real shame if Phil / Fill ever learned to use the speel check.* Anyway, it sounds like sometime after the holidays would fit for most folks, probably during or after the boat show.* Would the preference be for an evening during the show, or perhaps the one after?* Were a bit of a drive North, but it sounds like several folks plan to do it anyway.* Currently, I'm thinking of having the M.A.G.* (meet and greet) at my home, but we could move it to somewhere more centrally located if it make sense.* I know it's going to be a bit like herding cats, but what says the people who want to attend?.........Arctc Traveller

We could have two on in Anacortes and one at the boat show. **Anyway set the date, time and place.* If we show up, we show up!* I know the owners of the Blue Water Bristol at the boat Afloat show, South end of LakeUnion.But then again there is HOOTERS.* One of my favorite places.* ******

Spel cheker?* You guys have been on me about my spelling from the first day I as on PMM, 10+ years ago.* That is how I got the name FILL, dubbed by Pope Thomas, FF, Dick Price, Iron Well, Phil Hong Kong and others.* Some of them have passed on, some are not longer interested in boats and some I still keep track of.* *

Well at least I stop replying in CAPITAL LETTERS.* I figure many of you are/where old so I would type in CAPS, so your can/could read it?*Not old old but sort of old.* Ok, I will shut up now.* ****

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 02:44:05 PM

Geee Phil there is a few names from the past.
Dick Price and Iron I havn't heard of for years.
As years go on we forget more and more, must be an overflow plate in our head as extra comes in some just falls out the back.
Spellin is not that important if you read fast.

Benn

Alway's looking for a reason to go to the Rockfish Grille

Jeff

The January boat show would work great for me - any tentative dates, I'm making travel plans now.

Tom

I hope to make it myself* for the boat show that is.
*It would be great if we could lock down a place to raft up.

SD

There are to places the boat show and boat afloat.* There is a free bus between the two and the ticket is good for both.*Around lake union and Seattle there are not many places open before 11:00,*and meeting early in the morning/day is best before the afternoon crowds or either the eveing.* So first pick either the show or float and the time of day.* Then we can pick a place.

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 04:37:03 PM

Never been to seattle except the airport.
So that will be my starting point or perhaps the hotel.
Is there a main pavilion at the show.
*If some one would suggest a time that would work for me.
Saturday the first week end of the show is when I plan on attending.
*I will only be in town friday night The 21st at 7:30.*Saturday*the 22nd and I leave sunday at 6:30 P.M. on the 23rd.

SD

skipperdude wrote:

I hope to make it myself* for the boat show that is.
It would be great if we could lock down a place to raft up.

SD
You comming by boat?........Arctic Traveller

It sounds like the boat show would work well for lots of folks.* So, I even have a place we can all meet.* Actually, it s a boat.* You can see it here.* WWW.westport90forsale.com

Best of all, it's at Fishermans Terminal, pretty much between the outdoor portion of the show, and the indoor portion. * I'll provide some light snacks, and drinks (non alcholic) but for those with a bigger appetite, (or a taste for something a little stronger than soda) there are several restaurants within walking distance.* The boat is on pier 7, right behind the harbormaster office.* So, what time and day works best for most folks? If we want to do it in the A.M.* I'll have coffee and pastry's or something. * I'm open. ...........Arctic Traveller

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 11:21:43 PM

Arctic Traveller wrote:You comming by boat?........Arctic Traveller
Naw, just using boat talk for getting together.

Man it sounds awsom I can't wait. I haven't been out of Alaksa in 10 years.

SD

Man! You guys are killing me!
I would love to put faces behind the names on this forum. My daughter lives in Kirkland, east side of Lake Washington, and might have her couch available at that time.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Thursday 9th of December 2010 09:45:17 AM

Are you sure you ment to say that?

I posted a pic of myself and MR RT's dog puked.

If you can handle it so can I.

SD

Arctic Traveller wrote:

It sounds like the boat show would work well for lots of folks.* So, I even have a place we can all meet.* Actually, it s a boat.* You can see it here.* WWW.westport90forsale.com

Best of all, it's at Fishermans Terminal, pretty much between the outdoor portion of the show, and the indoor portion. * I'll provide some light snacks, and drinks (non alcholic) but for those with a bigger appetite, (or a taste for something a little stronger than soda) there are several restaurants within walking distance.* The boat is on pier 7, right behind the harbormaster office.* So, what time and day works best for most folks? If we want to do it in the A.M.* I'll have coffee and pastry's or something. * I'm open. ...........Arctic Traveller

-- Edited by Arctic Traveller on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 11:21:43 PM
What ever works for other is fine with me.* *

I am not sure I want to take my wife on that Westport 90 ft.* She may not want to live on our little old 58 ft after that?* )-;

Let me know if we can bring anything as long as it can be bought at a grocery store.

Back
Top Bottom