36' MKII Aft Cabin Remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mixman

Vessel Name
Pineapple
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36 Mark II
I am considering remodeling the aft cabin in my36' MK II. I'd like to make the head larger and replace the twin berths with a full-size. I think it could be done by removing the twin bed on the port side and modifying everything else to put a full-size berth across the width of the cabin and locating it as aft as possible. Does anybody have any comments, idea, or better yet, pictures?

Thanks!

Kurt

Look up PT 35 sundeck models on yachtworld would be my suggestion. Pineapple Girl on this forum has one and they tend to utilize the space as good as if not better than any other aft cabin I have personally seen or been aboard.

Thanks. That layout hadn't occurred to me!

Thanks, Hank. We had to drive to NJ today to pic up our final load of "boat stuff" from Bill. I need to see your stateroom!

I'll get you few photos next week.

Thanks, Hank. We had to drive to NJ today to pic up our final load of "boat stuff" from Bill. I need to see your stateroom!

Look up PT 35 sundeck models on yachtworld would be my suggestion. Pineapple Girl on this forum has one and they tend to utilize the space as good as if not better than any other aft cabin I have personally seen or been aboard.

I agree, Craig. For a 35-38 aft cabin, it's the best use of space with ease of movement I've seen.

We got a tour of that 72 Hatt last weekend. It was a master suite to beat all I've ever been in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom