EMC Quantum 2 part varnish urethane?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deepsix

Vessel Name
"Grand Tango"
Vessel Make
1987 34' Fu Hwa Europa
Was wondering if anybody has used this product. Its a aviation/aerospace company that has introduced a two part urethane for exterior brightwork. The guys at Jamestown distributors were raving about it. Requires only four coats ,recoatable in 45min with little or no sanding, easy to repair .I know "If it sounds too good to be true it usually is" .But it sure would make properly maintaining a trawler a lot easier! The people Jamestown dist. deal mostly with boatyards and builders and usually know there stuff. I might have to give it a shot? http://quantum99.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/EMC_Brochure.pdf

Last edited:
I think most aircraft coatings are very thin to minimize weight.

On the boat I like a thicker coating that's also quite to very flexable. Especially painting over joints like on a cap rail. The trouble w high tech (that is very popular now) coatings is that there are usually to frequently differences you're not accustomed to or expecting that aren't suitable to your application.

Let us know if you indeed have found a miracle. Unless it turns pink and immediately falls off that won't be for many years just to be shown to be better than marine paint or varnish. Interlux has a 2 part poly .. Perfection I think.

Last edited:
Did you read the lit on it? It appears to be made for the marine environment and they claim its flexible.

Hello Deepsix, just wondering if you tried the Quantum product. I am trying to research before pulling the trigger and first hand info is the best. It's been a few years since you initially posted and not much feedback to date. Is it the holy grail? Thanks, Gerald

I have not used their varnish, but I have used their 2 part paint and love it.

Back
Top Bottom