FF in Ortona on the Okechobee-- Happy Birthday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Had the chance to stop by FF's dock off the Okeechobee waterway. What a gracious host, with a great setup and a HUGE 75' dock he built himself. Thanks for having me and my son, and thanks for teaching him the bowline knot. ?

Fred, you are doing it right my man. Have a very happy birthday. Here's to many more. Cheers!!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1428107467.506050.jpg

We spent a night at his dock in 2009 while bringing Gumbo home from Annapolis. He is a good host and that is a very nice spot!
Thanks again Fred!

Fred? Well of course :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Fred and his Admiral are gracious hosts. I learned more about boats, weaving and busses in my short visit with them than anytime in my life. That place should be zoned "Industrial"! Thanks again and Happy Birthday!

Strange looking in the mirror , at this age ,some old guy stares back.

So I dont shave too often.

Thanks for the well wishes , here in the woods (13 miles to the first traffic light) visitors are always welcome.

Last edited:
Yup, always good to stop by, sit and talk with you Fred! Happy Birthday!

Ted

Happy Birthday Fred . Maybe one of these days I'll get down there . William has some fine bronze cleats now and some salty old blocks for hoisting the dinghy because you were kind enough to part with them. Fred knows how to get it done without breaking the bank . Fun to talk with on the phone .
Thanks again . I hope you had a great day .

My Birthday present is a quickie - vacation , a trip to Ft Myers city dock , to pump out and fill with diesel, then on to Ft Myers beach anchorage for a couple of days.

AHHH the good old days when a quickie was ,,,,,,,

Best Wishes!

We were just in Ft. Myers a couple weeks ago, and I had a look at the City Dock. Looks a bit tired, but it also looks like a great location for a few days.

We drove to Ft. Myers Beach, but the only marina I looked at was Pink Shell... which looked pretty OK. Likely expensive.

I was surprised to see how many pontoon boats were out in San Carlos Bay and so forth...

-Chris

Strange looking in the mirror , at this age ,some old guy stares back.

So I dont shave too often.

Thanks for the well wishes , here in the woods (13 miles to the first traffic light) visitors are always welcome.

Enjoy your day FF, so something selfish :thumb:

... careful about leaving that door open to visitors ;) never know who might show up :socool:

Have a great birthday Fred!!

Happy Birthday! Grace might be passing your way in a week or so.

Add my well wishes for a happy b day.
We took up a mooring ball at the Ft Myers Bch mooring field last summer for an enjoyable 2 night stay. Enjoy your quickie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom