View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #17
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Yesterday I took apart the winter plumbing and hooked up all the hoses properly. I put 3" of water (I see through the plastic) in both tanks and pumped it overboard through all the outlets. Worked perfect. I put in another several inches of water and started the pump. Soon the pump rpm dropped .. seemed plugged. Thought I was going to need to start tearing apart the whole system to find the plug-up. Then I saw it. Filter. Some wonderful engineer (engineers are good) included a filter on the inlet of the pump. Cheap pump but not that cheap. Got it apart and it was very plugged w what looked like old dead slugs. Hunks of slime in other words if you like slugs. So I cleaned it. The filter element was not the typical screen but a tubular metal screen w small holes all around. VERY small. Probably 1/80th of an inch. Nothing much was going to get by that filter and so much easier to clean than a screen. Put it back together and will continue today. That filter was a wonderful discovery. Made my day.

Oh .. and the water coming out of the galley sink faucet was already clear. But I'm hear'in what FF said.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote