View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #6
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltexflanc View Post
The more relevant questions, IMO, are how many drinks if any 1)while underway 2) at anchor and 3) secured to the dock. Personal tolerance comes into play of course. Personally, mine = the number of each of the questions.
Wifey B: Oh, I didn't put "all the above." Yeah, you're right. I was sort of assuming most stop most of the time at night so not underway 24 hours most of the time. Which brings to either anchoring or docking at night. I think people may do differently whether anchored or docked but too hard to pinpoint. For most, they do one or the other and some amount of frequency and it may influence their frequency but I think their answer is still useful.

The one I'm not after here is those who drink while underway, especially those when driving, whether boat or car. That's a freaking epidemic. The statistics are horrifying and inexcusable. And you add to that the percentage under the influence of drugs. Then you have those on drugs and booze. Sorry, we have a zero tolerance and it's just a topic we don't want to get started on right now even though guess I did but I'll stop now....and back to the poll as written.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote