Unbelievable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a yacht broker I go on hundreds of boats each year and take my shoes off almost every time and ask clients to take their shoes off also.
At a boat show if you do not want to take your shoes off you should carry your own paper booties. If you did not want to take your shoes off, then I would not think that you would want to buy the boat, and boats are in shows to be sold.

I'm not at all sure I agree with your thought process on that one.
It's similar to judging a potential buyer by their clothing or age.

And while I generally do the same thing unless otherwise advised, I do so as a courtesy. Many of the boats I've been on at shows, both in and out of water, have had carpet or other material down to protect any easily marred surfaces. The rest were pretty durable.

Just my buck thirty on it.:thumb:

Wifey B: Old commercials. First English Leather with the "I want my men to wear English Leather or nothing at all." I had to google that one.

But I was thinking of the Calvin Klein commercials and had it mixed up with English Leather. Calvin actually was "You know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing.

I was busy polishing my Rocna!

Hmmm. If that were true, maybe it wasn't Oliver after all. I know when Oliver polishes his Rocna, he wears these spiffy Rocna Roll-Bar Sandals, distinguishable by their heavy shank toe bracket, classic self-righting roll-bar, and heavy duty 3/16" BBB chain rode strap reinforcement.

Attachments

• rocna sandal.jpg
    rocna sandal.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 109
Hmmm. If that were true, maybe it wasn't Oliver after all. I know when Oliver polishes his Rocna, he wears these spiffy Rocna Roll-Bar Sandals, distinguishable by their heavy shank toe bracket, classic self-righting roll-bar, and heavy duty 3/16" BBB chain rode strap reinforcement.

That is awesome!

:thumb::thumb: Perfect!!

I actually have a pair of those and suspect it's why I drag my left foot. :rolleyes:

LOL!!! :thumb::thumb:

When I went to the TrawlerFest in Anacortes, WA last May I went aboard a number of boats and all but one required me to remove my shoes prior to boarding. The one boat that didn't make me take off my shoes was the Seahorse Marine Diesel Duck and, for what it's worth, that's the one I put a deposit on.

When I went to the TrawlerFest in Anacortes, WA last May I went aboard a number of boats and all but one required me to remove my shoes prior to boarding. The one boat that didn't make me take off my shoes was the Seahorse Marine Diesel Duck and, for what it's worth, that's the one I put a deposit on.

My thinking exactly.....if you want a showboat fine...excruciating to keep it that way in hard use.

I have more important things to worry about than whether shoes will damage my boat.

I actually have a pair of those and suspect it's why I drag my left foot. :rolleyes:

Is your real name Philip Carey? Of Human Bondage fame.

I have no problems with wearing boat shoes on my boat. I have only had one guest show up with those awful black soled running shoes and he ran home real quick and changed shoes. On the other hand, my boat was in the Annapolis boat show a few years ago and I specified no shoes on board. A couple of friends is OK, hundreds of people that I don't know, no way.

Back
Top Bottom