Unbelievable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oliver, don't worry, I know that Nordy owners probably have custom made shoes and wouldn't want mine. I never suspected you.

Ha!

For casual Bahamian dining
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427680307.081273.jpg
What I'm in 90% of the time
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427680320.660756.jpg

Hey - I see a new market!

Temporally embedded electronic signal-emitters in the shoe sole from rental booth at boat shows. App on your phone and you could track down your stolen shoes!

Yeah - That's the ticket!

Moral of story...if one has to take their shoes off in a public and easily accessed area, then carry the shoes.

If wearing anything other than cheap old flip flops, intend to do just that. Didn't have shoes stolen but learned it is a pain taking shoes off and putting them on at Trawlerfest. It will be flip flops if I ever attend another boat show.

Art, I like that idea.

Oliver, the ratty old flip flops were Reef's. I kid you not. You are once again on the persons of interest list. Sorry.

That doesn''t say much for poor Mason while he had to walk the docks with a pair of blown-out flip-flops.:eek:
I'm sure the look on Mason's face and the limp in his stride said "who stole my ----ing shoes"? And the rest of the outfit didn't go with ragged out flip flops either . I think we should just go in together a get him a new pair . I think Hopcar has a few of our credit card #s .

Did somebody really steal his shoes or is this thread going to last till
April Fools Day ?

I will admit to wearing ratted out flip flops to yesterday's TF Bay Area potluck in Pittsburgh. Hmason's story impacted that fashion choice :D

That's it! I'm calling my lawyer. :hide:

Wifey B: Stilettos? :devil:

If you want...at least the first time aboard.

I don't really like golf shoes or football spikes on board either so you may not get invited back.

Greetings,
" That's it! I'm calling my lawyer." Ah yes...Florida, the land of litigation...Now about those Foo birds...Surely you've ALL heard about them?

If you want...at least the first time aboard.

I don't really like golf shoes or football spikes on board either so you may not get invited back.

Wifey B: No worry...I remove heels before boarding. I don't put them where Oliver can get to them though. And no golf shoes, don't like chasing little balls though the woods. No football spikes, don't need brain damage or to walk like a 90 year old.

Wifey B: I don't know where this silly take off your shoe bit started, but we don't have people do it on our boat or in our home. (Well, I know for homes it's a Japanese thing and wouldn't have a problem doing it for them). But, I mean lets see...like the choice is nice boat shoes designed not to mar or anything vs. dirty, sweaty feet, maybe athlete's foot or worse...like who knows. Plus people be clumsy....even coordinated ones. Shoeless toes get broke....old Chinese Proverb. It's one thing to stub your toe in a shoe but without....oh s..... that hurts.

I mean if like I'm wearing stilettos I'll take them off. But deck shoes....

The problem is that most people that are not boat people do not have nice boat shoes designed to not mar or mark the boat. *shrug*

Did somebody really steal his shoes or is this thread going to last till
April Fools Day ?

This is NOT a joke. Someone really did steal my shoes. This is a serious matter and I am thinking of hiring a PI to track the culprit down. :mad:

The problem is that most people that are not boat people do not have nice boat shoes designed to not mar or mark the boat. *shrug*

The mar or mark the boat part gets me a bit too. Honestly, there are very few shoes that, if not covered with mud or something, that are going to mar the boat. The surfaces of the boat are not exactly fragile. They may need cleaning occasionally but in the area of cleaning I see far more of that required by one who gets out of the water and comes aboard with wet bare feet. I think a lot of the no shoes really goes back to different times and different surfaces, both on boats and in homes, combined with a different shoe period where men were often wearing highly polished black dress shoes that would leave marks. I know some still do but I haven't worn a hard soled dress shoe in at least 20 years and I haven't had shoes polished in 15 years. I learned long ago about shoes that hurt my feet and went to comfortable shoes. Tennis shoes, basketball shoes, most athletic shoes don't mar today. Again at one time some of the soles would leave marks.

The other issue of the shoes is bacteria they might track in from the soil. Of course bare feet can do the same. What area has the most issues of bacteria and especially staph? Locker rooms at schools where everyone walks around in their bare feet. The other area but not spread generally by feet is hospitals. Now, again, I think the mud, bacteria, etc. issues arose from times people were walking through areas we don't today. At our home, there are no animals leaving droppings, and there's very little grass and no one really walks through it. It's from patio to family room, back and forth. All hard surfaces.

So, I guess to us it's always been a non issue as we've not had any type shoes mar our floors at home or on the boat. Now, I think many people grew accustomed to the custom of no shoes and have carried it on as a tradition. I respect those who choose to not wear or have shoes worn in their homes or on their boats, but it's not something we require as in our situation today, we don't see anything that requires it.

I think Oliver knows they're on his trail now. I predict by the end of the week, he'll leave the state, probably even the country, fleeing the arm of the great shoe squad....lol

Now, seriously, the more I think of this happening at a boat show, the more I find it disturbing on many levels. It's pretty obvious no one was keeping their eye on the boat. The same person who stole the shoes, could have easily taken much worse. There are two reasons someone is supposed to greet all people immediately and before they get on the boat. The first is customer service. The second is security. The same person who took the shoes could have easily vandalized the boat in some way.

I'm beginning to eliminate suspects:

1. RT--would have posted a video of the caper
2. Marin--he was too busy writing an essay at the time
3. Mark Pierce--he was busy taking pictures of the Coot
4. Hop Car--probably has enough pairs in his store
5. Wifey B--just because
6. Peggy Hall---afraid of foot odor
7. AusCan---busy putting shrimp on the barby

I'd be interested in your excuse Oliver :ermm:

Greetings,
Mr. BB. You mention dirt, mud, animalcules (look it up-A van Leeuwenhoek), stones but you forgot fleas (Like Mr. O acquired, I suspect from Mr. hm's footwear).
I am loathe to walk anywhere without some foot protection, even on a beach. At a recent boat show I, in fact, DID remove my shoes without being asked (probably as a result of having been asked to do so on previous display vessels) but the non skid was so slippery in stocking feet I cut my visit short in fear of either stubbing my toes or slipping over the side.

I was busy polishing my Rocna!

I'm beginning to eliminate suspects:

1. RT--would have posted a video of the caper
2. Marin--he was too busy writing an essay at the time
3. Mark Pierce--he was busy taking pictures of the Coot
4. Hop Car--probably has enough pairs in his store
5. Wifey B--just because
6. Peggy Hall---afraid of foot odor
7. AusCan---busy putting shrimp on the barby

I'd be interested in your excuse Oliver :ermm:

Wifey B: I wear my shoe's or I wear nothing at all.....:)

This is NOT a joke. Someone really did steal my shoes. This is a serious matter and I am thinking of hiring a PI to track the culprit down. :mad:

Very expensive shoes I take it?
Let's crunch a few numbers here.

One P.I. that probably couldn't find a hooker in a brothel- A modest $35.00/hour.

A real P.I., more like $75+/hr.

How much time would you like to invest?:rofl:
(hope you know I'm just messing with you bro!)
I hate thieves!:mad:

As a yacht broker I go on hundreds of boats each year and take my shoes off almost every time and ask clients to take their shoes off also.
At a boat show if you do not want to take your shoes off you should carry your own paper booties. If you did not want to take your shoes off, then I would not think that you would want to buy the boat, and boats are in shows to be sold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom