View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #201
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
It is natural for the bottom of the heap to dispise the top of the heap. Dogs do it, crows do it, wolves do it. Hell, probably trees do it.

And it's natural for the bottom half of the heap to come up with all sorts of reasons why they should despise the top half of the heap, as in post 199..

While it makes the bottom half of the heap feel better about themselves, it's about the same thing as offering reasons why we should hate the sky because it's blue.

There are winners and there are losers. Always have been, always will be. The reasons are fun to talk about but it has no effect whatsoever on the reality of the situation.

I've found it to be a lot healthier and happier not to worry about it. If a human figures out how to acquire a bazillion dollars and buy a big boat, great. If I can't figure out how to make a bazillion dollars and buy a big boat, whose fault is that? It's not the fault of the fellow with the bazillion dollars and the big boat. It's my fault.

Mary Chapin Carpenter wrote a wonderful line in one of her songs: "We all have two lives, the one we're given and the one we make."

What you make of your life is on you, not anyone else.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote