What to do with a bag of NIKONS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
Like many folks I have old 35mm cameras.

A bag of F2 Nikons , with their superb lenses.

Now ready for conversion to lamps?

Feel your pain. I have a bag of Nikonoses (undewater version on a Nikon). One of the lenses cost $1,200 thirty years ago.

Ted

I was in the gift shop of a tourist destintion in Fl. a few years ago. A guy came in asking if they had 35 mm film. I told him half the people in there probably wouldn't even know what that is.

e-bay.

Somebody, somewhere wants those lenses.

And they will fetch a decent price

Agreed, old Nikon lenses will work on current cameras albeit without autofocus. What are the lenses? I'll take them off your hands if you want to dump them! :)

I sold all my 35 MM cameras and gear on EBay a few years back and learned if you sell the stuff separately, you'll get a better price. Sell the whole bag of stuff on one listing and you'll be heartbroken.

Interesting,about old stuff

looking on E bay my old Fisher tube type 500 and 800 tuner amps are $700 -$900

I guess folks are getting tired of the artificial sound of transistor amps?

Tubes rule, too bad the tube testing stations are no longer at the corner grocery store. TV goes sideways, pull suspect tubes from back panel, take the wife grocery shopping test your tubes and pick replacement up from shelf. Pay for groceries and tube go home. Before wife has groceries put away husband fixed the TV.

My 5 year old 47" flat screen TV is going sideways. Can't find a panel on back or a repairman in my county... Suppose it's time to replace it. Progress???

Canon cameras make better anchors than Nikon.
I'm actually thinking of trying to find some Tri-X and D-76. I miss real film.
I've still got the darkroom equipment.

Agree w/ ebay...

I unloaded a bunch of Canon SLR's & acc'ys and bought some useful boating stuff!

I find that when you sell unused junk it makes it much more palatable spending the resulting boating $

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom