Delta anchors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xsbank

Guru
Vessel Name
Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Make
Custom Aluminum 52
...anchors. A friend of mine who owns a 55 Symbol was wondering why the sticker on the top of his new 80(?) pound Delta anchor, was wearing out. He got his answer as he recently anchored at Wallace Island and could see something shiny. It turns out his anchor had settled itself into the mud upside down with the flukes uppermost. He tried resetting it and if it didn't land perfectly, it repeated the upside down performance. If you have a Delta, try it. It settles in pretty good and if you don't really load it to set it, it 'feels' set. I'll try and attach a photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 104
Never had that happen, in hundreds of anchorings; sounds like he may need to untwist his chain or get a swivel. My label came off from exposure and deep sets up through the shank (easy to tell, the anchor proper is covered in mud).

That's weird. I've had the same Delta hanging on Possum's bow for twenty plus years. I've never seen it do that. I'm about to try a Vulcan because it just looks so damn cool.

You guys had better take this thread to OTDE before it gets yanked.:D

If you all are going to start the anchor thing again I am just going to go to the boat and buff my SS proboscis.

For all the good luck with anchoring with Deltas....maybe the friend should order a new label and mount it upside down.

For all the science in anchoring threads....that has to be nearly as good as any rationale .:D

If you all are going to start the anchor thing again I am just going to go to the boat and buff my SS proboscis.

And I may just buff up my Kahlenberg horns.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom