hey, "sip" this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boat in my avatar .... 55hp Westerbeke (Perkins), 7/8 of a gallon per hour at 1800rpm (max 2400) at 8 nautical miles per hour ..... my kind of sippin'

Boat in my avatar .... 55hp Westerbeke (Perkins), 7/8 of a gallon per hour at 1800rpm (max 2400) at 8 nautical miles per hour ..... my kind of sippin'

Very nice! What is your draft and displacement?

Ted

Attachments

• fantail on trailer.jpg
    fantail on trailer.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 81
VERY nice, Boatpoker. I always nice to see a trawler that actually looks like a trawler!

I too saw that reference and it made me realize it's all relative.

When we made a stop in Nova Scotia, we docked next to another U.S.Bost from the Great Lakes.

He was lamenting that they had recently bought this boat, New, all plastic, Zeus drives, etc.
And while the boat could dance in circles,
It consumed 10 to 15 gallons per hour.

3', 20,000lbs.

The rudder angle looks very unusual in the picture. The prop and prop shaft seem to be angled downward toward the stern, but the rudder shaft seems to be angled upward toward the bow as opposed to vertical. Must be an illusion from the camera angle. Very nice stern. Have always been partial to round sterns. Bet it tracks nicely in a following sea.

Ted

It looks like the rudder is positioned perpendicular to the hull and with the resultant laminar flow of water slipping past the transom. Nice!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom