Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would suspect it would reduce cavitation at the end the shaft???

That would be my guess too.. but it looks like lurker got to the real answer..

Last edited:
You could do the same thing by welding up a little outboard prop to a prop nut.

Extended passage making with twin 5.9s and one 500 gallon tank? What's that, maybe 600nm range at hull speed?

I'm sure the oversized salon windows will take waves great!

Maybe it's just how the picture was taken, but the props look to hang down 1' below any other part of the hull. Could be fun in the shallows of the ICW.

Ted

That Westbay hull was used for many commercial vessels including patrol boats before it was used as a yacht. It has significant scantlings.

A few of them do charter service in the area.

Maybe it's just how the picture was taken, but the props look to hang down 1' below any other part of the hull. Could be fun in the shallows of the ICW.

Ted

Well someone has to dredge it occasionally!:rofl::rofl:

Significant s scantlings?

There's almost no hull below the WL. And the WL is below the light color and the black. It must be really light. I'm not impressed at all. A light flat bottomed dock queen. And it says "ocean ready" almost right away in the text. Newish and Cummins is good but ................

It is not a trawler. It is a yacht. Westbay Sonship is a relatively large semi-custom builder of yachts actually. Known for quality construction.

I do see many of them go by my house on a regular basis. Often times at twenty plus knots.

Still not my dream boat though...

The new Zumwalt destroyer - a $3 Billion boat:

zumwalt-floated.jpg

img_uss_zumwalt_shipyard_hr_03.jpg

2-naval-destroyers.jpg

The Full Story:

US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar - Americas - World - The Independent

Last edited:
Saw these two boats on the side of the highway in Castroville CA. Looks like they had been salvaged for the lead and then discarded. One of them had lots of good teak in it that could be reused if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 2015-03-04 11.48.28.jpg
    2015-03-04 11.48.28.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 2015-03-04 11.51.00.jpg
    2015-03-04 11.51.00.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 124
I'll ask the obvious question:
How does one count Russian nuclear warheads from this boat? :blush::socool:

Re. The Russian threat from Putin, I saw on the news last night that the Royal Navy now only has 19 frigates and destroyers, 91 back in 1982 at the time of the Argentinian invasion of the Falklands Islands; 200 tanks of which a large amount not operable, 800 back in the 1980's; and 8 fighter jets of a dozen available in full service now in Irag .....

...I now understand what Obama was saying when he said "the UK has not got enough defence caiability to participate in joint operations with the US"

PS: new mini aircraft carrier just launched, but no aircraft for it until 2020 at the earliest !

Last edited:
I had to zoom in to confirm that it was not the owner's testicles hanging off the davit!:eek:

Sidewheeler riverboat

I ran into this boat at J & H marine, way up the San Joaquin river, in Stockton. It's home built, started in 1987 and the guy said he ought to be done in a couple of decades. He's 69.

2466-albums350-picture1930.jpg

2466-albums350-picture1932.jpg

That "floatable/movable-contraption"... lovingly assembled I'm sure... gets my vote for the most oddly unique and design crazy entry yet!

Looks comfy and well suited for deep-delta relaxation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom