Hatch Gasket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RMoore

Veteran Member
Our CT 35' Sundeck Trawler has a swing out hatch window right in the center of the wheel house. The hatch is fitted with a groove to accept a gasket designed to go around the entire grooved hatch to waterproof the hatch when closed and dogged down. This gasket has, over the years, flattened out to the point of being useless. I've used the usual stick on gasket material to attempt to waterproof the hatch, but I still get leaks in a good rain. Does anyone know a source for this type of hatch gasket? There is no name on the hatch, and, being a Taiwan Trawler, it's an unknown manufacturer. If anyone can help with this, your karma level will rise accordingly. Mahalo.....

Thanks for your reply Capt. Bill 11. Not sure how to attach photos to this forum. I've got them on my desktop, ready to send. Advice?

Top left of screen is FAQ drop down, click on that for answers.

Good luck

Rmoore, click on go advanced below, then click on manage attachments. You can also usually just copy the image and paste it into your post.

Photos

should be 4 pics..had to zip them. hope this works...??!!

I'll be working on this, folks. Have to reduce the size of my photos..apparently, they are to large. Thanks for the imput so far. I'll be back...

That's odd. The forum software typically will resize them automatically in my experience.

hatch gaskets

See attachments....

Attachments

• hatch gasket 1.jpg
    hatch gasket 1.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 101
  • hatch gasket 2.jpg
    hatch gasket 2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 88
  • hatch gasket 3.jpg
    hatch gasket 3.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 101
  • hatch gasket 4.jpg
    hatch gasket 4.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 101
Maybe try a couple of Marine window seals/trims sites. They usually have drawings and diagrams to assist.

Hello RMoore,
Try these guys: CLEANSEAL

Try a phone call, backed up with an email (with your photographs attached)

Let us know how you get on.

Google "marine grade, window gaskets". I've seen gasket companies with drawings and everything. Don't remember what it was called.

Thanks for all the input from all the Forum folks who responded. The good folks at "Clean Seal", Jeremy Klotz and Bill Dawson, dug into their extensive inventory and found a suitable replacement gasket for this hatch. They're based in South Bend, IN. and you can find them on the internet. I can't tell you how many resources I went through (over two years) before I found them and they sent a sample, based on my photos, which turned out to work quite well. If anyone is looking for any type of door or window seals or gaskets, check these folks out.

Back
Top Bottom