Spring is in the air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
The fog yesterday delayed a bass tournament :thumb:. We didn't have to weave thru bass boats to get turned around .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 135
Love the picture. Let me just say that your Outer Reef is a fine looking trawler. Andre Bilodeau knew how to build them! Great to see a trawler that actually looks like a trawler! :thumb:

Thanks Vashon . I like your boat as well . Isn't there a Vashon model sailboat ?

Thank you, Pack Mule. Vashon Island Boat Works did make sailboats and there was a motorsailer variation of my trawler.

I found this pic online of a Vashon Tramp Harbor 25. They built their boats very well.

Attachments

• picvashon25101b.jpg
    picvashon25101b.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 119
Great pic, Marty. I went down to my marina yesterday just to soak it all in. There are still no boats in the water other than the liveaboards that spent the winter in the water. I'm hoping to "unwrap" my boat this weekend. Just a couple of quick projects to complete before she splashes for 2015. Hopefully early April.

Spring is here! We have leaves popping out, thousands and thousands of birds and ducks and the first run of Chinooks is in full swing!

Here we are on our way up to MCYC for the St. Patty Day party, turning the props at 2100RPMs at 13 kts....yep spring is here in the lower Columbia River!:thumb:

Attachments

• DSCN8283.jpg
    DSCN8283.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Now you're talking:thumb::thumb:

Yep the party was on the deck .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 109
Spring is here! We have leaves popping out, thousands and thousands of birds and ducks and the first run of Chinooks is in full swing!

Spring will be around in almost another 2 months in northwest Michigan....sigh. It came about 2 months ago in FL.

Very soon! Spring projects underway!

IMG_0145-vi.jpg

We went out last Monday for a 3-hour cruise. We slow cruised about 15 miles down the Columbia then turned around and ran upstream on plane for about 25 miles, then slow cruised back to the slip. It was sunny, about 68*, zero wind, only 2 other small fishing boats out there. Got the engines warmed up for the first time in awhile.

Darn near a perfect day!

Yup. Saw a bumblebee last week (about a month earlier than normal), flowers are popping up, eagles are finally getting free rides on thermals, and the herring arrived yesterday :)

Sadly, in Maine:

Attachments

• nq150323.gif
    nq150323.gif
    77.6 KB · Views: 106
Went razor clamming on the coast this weekend after getting back from my shoot in San Antonio. Saw our first redwing blackbird of the year. Normally they don't start showing up until well into April.

Meanwhile, a friend sent me these photos from Prince Edward Island......

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427163687.911045.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427163708.823047.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427163728.509157.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427163747.217567.jpg

The fog yesterday delayed a bass tournament :thumb:. We didn't have to weave thru bass boats to get turned around .

Marty-- I am extremely selective in what I feel is a good vessel design from an aesthetic point of view. Most recreational fiberglass production boats leave me completely cold to the point where I pay no attention to them when I see them. But I have to say that your boat is one of the best designs I've seen to date on this forum. It's the sort of design that would make the operator really feel like he or she was running a "proper boat." To my way of thinking, that is as important an element of enjoying one's boating as fuel efficiency, interior configuration, and all the rest of it.

Last edited:
Marty-- I am extremely selective in what I feel is a good vessel design from an aesthetic point of view. Most recreational fiberglass production boats leave me completely cold to the point where I pay no attention to them when I see them. But I have to say that your boat is one of the best designs I've seen to date on this forum. It's the sort of design that would make the operator really feel like he or she was running a "proper boat." To my way of thinking, that is as important an element of enjoying one's boating as fuel efficiency, interior configuration, and all the rest of it.
Thank you Marin
When we started out looking for a trawler funds were tight and we knew that if we found one we liked it was going to need a lot of work . We wanted a trawler that we didn't mind looking at to start . Joy said the last thing she wanted to do was load up the Outback with half the tools in my shop and supplies drive down to the marina spend all weekend and whatever spare time we had working on an ugly boat. That was our first priority.Three years later we are still working on it but it puts a smile on our face even with an arm load of tools and supplies .

Last edited:

Here we are on our way up to MCYC for the St. Patty Day party, turning the props at 2100RPMs at 13 kts....yep spring is here in the lower Columbia River!:thumb:

Re post #6
Thank you ASD and the perfect speed for a boat on display. I can tell you liked the wake as I do because you cropped out just about everything else.

And to many spring is colored white still.

Last edited:
Re post #6
Thank you ASD and the perfect speed for a boat on display. I can tell you liked the wake as I do because you cropped out just about everything else.

And to many spring is colored white still.

You mean like this?

Yes white for many of us. This was Saturday after I shoveled for 30 minutes to make a path.
Right now my boat's name is Saditude Adjustment

Attachments

• IMG_0274[1].jpg
    IMG_0274[1].jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 70
Yes white for many of us. This was Saturday after I shoveled for 30 minutes to make a path.
Right now my boat's name is Saditude Adjustment

Looks just like our boat at the moment. Shovel a path? Not my back. Waiting for the warmup.

Today from my front porch. Cherry trees on Cherry St.

img_319774_0_36ebf5530f36bd77e3861785ae97631a.jpg

Beautiful picture Don except for the truck. The image has strong east coast character.
It's supposed to be almost 70 here today. We're going down to change boat slips this morning .. after coffee at Starbucks.

Everything is early here on BC's north coast...saw magnolia blossoms opening up yesterday...in March!

Do you have a "riding" lawn mower?:blush:

Oh, I have people to do that sort of thing.:D Actually the reason I was out this morning is that the landscape maintenance people were working. That's the reason for the truck that Eric mentioned. We are the developers of this project.

Yes, Eric very east coast design. We are located in the original plot for the town, and my son drew the units for the federal period. This side of the street is a full city block, and we are still developing at the rear of my town house.

This picture was a month ago.

img_319878_0_7fd3e7daad3295cadf2be9a9643f55a4.jpg

72f here on the lower Columbia River! Had to get into shorts....

Back
Top Bottom