settee/couch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddalme

Vessel Name
Relenti
Vessel Make
Atlantic 30, 1983
Doing some thinking(carefully)/research about putting a sleeper coach in the salon. I would like to get something light weight, to be able to move it about. Haven't found to many options. Either to heavy or to bulky. Any ideas??

Think you mean couch.

Ted

buckslhsidecrop400.JPG

This coach fits an entire hockey team and is skinned with light weight aluminum...

We used a futon, believe it or not from Walmart online, that was great. They list all the sizes and show them open/closed. Around $200

Ours is a Flexsteel model, and the back comes off so it'll fit through the main saloon door. It's manageable, as to weight, but I dislike it... and have begun shopping for two zero-clearance recliners as replacements.

Anyway, if you haven't looked, Flexsteel makes such for boats and RVs...

-Chris

Doing some thinking(carefully)/research about putting a sleeper coach in the salon. I would like to get something light weight, to be able to move it about. Haven't found to many options. Either to heavy or to bulky. Any ideas??

Another vote for futon here, seems to fit all your stated desires.

Hey we are selling off our extra dirt house belongings including a less than 6 month old futon! It is in Maryland though... and I see you're in Louisiana.....:ermm:

Last edited:
When we had our 34' Mainship, we had one built. We went to an RV superstore. We picked the exact size and fabric. It was comfortable to sit/sleep on plus it had a large drawer underneath for life preservers and linens.

Try the L shape couches from Ashley they have the ones for a smaller homes and we put one on our Defever 49 for about $450 and it worked great during the whole loop .

Had a futon on the last boat with a medium priced mattress...absolutely fantastic for that boat and very comfortabld to sleep on.

For this boat I wanted a slightly better looking arrangement and found a Click Clack couch that fit perfectly and had enough storage under go hold all of our linens, towels, comforter, etc.

It folded flat to come through the small door and sleeps 2 very well.

Attachments

• 20150322_155455.jpg
    20150322_155455.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
buckslhsidecrop400.JPG

This coach fits an entire hockey team and is skinned with light weight aluminum...

Ouch!! So much for spell ck.:facepalm: It didn't seem to know what I was thinking< LOL
Thanks for all the suggestions- I think I'll try the futon.

Futon with a thick mattress was our choice on the previous boat. Second shot shows wood retainers that kept it in place.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom