Sheets & Blankets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha, I was replying to this as you were writing it! yes its the electronics that increase the height. Everyone adds radar and other junk up there. We have sat-TV domes from a previous owner also besides two radar units.

I don't know how difficult it is to take the Selene arch down. Ideally one would have a hinged arch. A lot easier to tilt one down than to remove and have to rewire all the equipment, although some boaters do that.

So, there are options and it is possible to take a Selene 53 through although not as simple as some boats. But sailboats go through that process of taking everything down all the time on the loop.

So, there are options and it is possible to take a Selene 53 through although not as simple as some boats. But sailboats go through that process of taking everything down all the time on the loop.

Yea, we looked at the hinges on the arch, though of the weight involved, having to take down the canvas, and...well... turns out we don't want to go there that bad :)

We found them at a West Marine once, we paid $99 bucks

Custom boat sheets. Now there's a first world problem.

We use regular/flat sheets and blankets and just tuck them to fit. Feel spoiled compared to a form-fitting sleeping bag.

If your air draft is above 19 feet than you cannot do the loop as there is a fixed bridge below Chicago which cannot be avoided.

$259 for a set of sheets?! Holy Sheet, Batman!:eek:

Wifey B: But I want my naked body draped in luxury and comfort.....

Seriously, with the costs of the boat, if you found sheets that were extremely comfortable you're outraged at $259? We don't pay outrageous amounts except for the bed in our master bedroom at home and that's because the bed is 10' x 12'. But on others not cutting corners on mattresses or sheets as sleep is too important. Will not sleep on microfiber. Don't like being roasted and get way too hot. But at the other end, not into satin sheets, don't like to slide off the bed. And as to cotton, into quality but not the highest counts. Don't want it too heavy. Like it soft and light. Just barely feel it covering me and under me.

Sheets far more important to me than anchors....:rofl:

Attachments

• Sheets.jpg
    Sheets.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 64
Once the right sheets etc are located, monogramming with the boat name seems popular for high end boats like Selene.
Did the OP actually express an interest in doing the loop?

If you avoid Chicago, say go up the St. Lawrence Seaway and over Nova Scotia instead of down the Mississippi, does the air draft restriction become less onerous? That seems like a more interesting albeit more rigorous route.

Ok... I'll bite. 10 x 12?!?! ?

Wifey B: Yes, it is. Made by Selectabed. Custom Mattress and custom beds

Can't fit a 10 x 12 on the boat...:)

It was like sort of a wild dream kind of thing to have the biggest bed we could, but we've really enjoyed it. Enough room to play cards, board games, to have a bunch of people watching tv, to just lounge with friends, to.....um...said enough....

We have a lot of their mattresses and a couple more of their unique products like the round mattress and platform piece which makes a great sofa for lounging in front of the tv and their outdoor bed for lounging.

As to boats, they will make a mattress any size or shape you want and out of many different materials.

If you avoid Chicago, say go up the St. Lawrence Seaway and over Nova Scotia instead of down the Mississippi, does the air draft restriction become less onerous? That seems like a more interesting albeit more rigorous route.

You can take the St. Lawrence route to the Great Lakes with no problem, just have to take that route or another one back out. That's actually the route commercial vessels take as they go through the Welland Canal. You can't go South down the Illinois River from Chicago. Theoretically you could go to Chicago that way and then explore up the Mississippi and Illinois to almost Chicago if you wanted another time, so cover all the territory without looping.

Actually the alternative I'd suggest if over height is to go to the Great Lakes through the Erie or the St. Lawrence routes, then return. Another year then go around the Gulf Coast and up the TN Tom to the Tennessee. From there you could explore the Tennessee, Cumberland, Ohio and Missouri rivers. Really there isn't a lot to see and enjoy on the upper Mississippi and Illinois.

You could enjoy multiple trips to the Great Lakes and at the same time spend years exploring the Inland rivers from the other direction. The Illinois and Upper Mississippi stretches above Cairo are about 550 miles long and not really anything in that area that qualifies as a "must see".

And I'm not commenting at all on the size of our bed or our sheets. I'll leave that completely to my wife.

Back
Top Bottom