Krogen 54 purchased

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are coming down the Inside Passage you should spend a night in Edmonds. If you do, PM me and I will meet you. Local micro-brews are on me!

As you discover things you need, if you get SKUs from Fisheries Supply in Seattle I can have them delivered to Edmonds. PM me for details. If you have joined a yacht club, check for reciprocal relationships. Some clubs' slips max out at 50 feet but many have long docks that can handle your boat.

Hope to see you and your new boat.

Congratulations, Richard. That is a magnificent boat. WOW! What fun to be cruising her.

Ok - yes - unfortunately she came with a 110lb Bruce and a 75lb CQR plus 400' of chain. I'm planning on just dumping all that overboard when I get up there and attaching a small Danforth to a piece of string.

Richard
\

What a great looking boat!!!!!

or a 5 gallon bucket filled with concrete and reinforce the handle

Last edited:
Congratulations on a beautiful, beautiful boat! She used to be owned by Ernie Brooks (Brooks Institute of Photography - very good underwater photographer).

The last time I was on the boat, Ernie had a dive/workshop in a little room next to the forward berths and stripper poles between the bunks. Are those poles still there? :socool:

Congratulations on a beautiful, beautiful boat! She used to be owned by Ernie Brooks (Brooks Institute of Photography - very good underwater photographer).

The last time I was on the boat, Ernie had a dive/workshop in a little room next to the forward berths and stripper poles between the bunks. Are those poles still there? :socool:

Thanks! It's fun to know you've been on the boat. Yes, you're correct about the pole in the forward cabin. It's certainly still there since it's the compression post for the mast above! I've had some good jokes about it with friends...

The boat does have a pretty interesting history - I can trace her back to about 2001. I don't have much info for the 1990s but will try to build it up over time.

Richard

It's certainly still there since it's the compression post for the mast above! I've had some good jokes about it with friends...

You can call it a compression post if you like, but knowing Ernie.... :D

I'm glad that the boat is heading back home. That will be a great trip!

Ok - yes - unfortunately she came with a 110lb Bruce and a 75lb CQR plus 400' of chain. I'm planning on just dumping all that overboard when I get up there and attaching a small Danforth to a piece of string.

Richard

That string might be overkill in the protected waters of the Bay and Delta. I kinda fancy waxed dental floss on my lunch hook. :D

Might need an extra round of clean and polish just to be safe. :eek:

Glad to hear it all came together for you this week, Richard!! You're probably on cloud nine right now. Congrats!!

Looking forward to the trip report! No doubt it'll be a trip to remember.

Very nice looking boat. Congrats!

You will like the 6068t they are a good engine just keep the engine zincs fresh. Parts are easy to get just go to the local John Deere dealer and make sure you have your vin #

Good luck with your travel south

If you are coming down the Inside Passage you should spend a night in Edmonds. If you do, PM me and I will meet you. Local micro-brews are on me!

As you discover things you need, if you get SKUs from Fisheries Supply in Seattle I can have them delivered to Edmonds. PM me for details. If you have joined a yacht club, check for reciprocal relationships. Some clubs' slips max out at 50 feet but many have long docks that can handle your boat.

Hope to see you and your new boat.

Sorry - forgot to reply to this one. Unfortunately I won't be going that far south. Our plan is to stop in Anacortes and then head up the Strait of San Juan de Fuca. Otherwise I would love to have taken you up on your offer. Thanks so much.

Richard

Wonderful vessel. The crows nest would be where I'd spend my away time when the Admiral was on the warpath. You'll be happy to know your not alone in having a cramped engine room. That's the first "proper" horseshoe swim platform I've seen outside of the gorgeous Choy Lee double enders.

Back
Top Bottom