View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
Capthead
Guru

City: Long Beach, CA
Vessel Name: Heads Up
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42 Classic
New Mattress for my Bed in Heads Up

I have had two mattresses from Hand Craft Mattress already and didn't see the need to blow three boat units on another set. I have two twin bed boxes I have next to each other that makes a king. I have the only GB with a king that I know of.

Here's the problem. Getting a king size mattress into my aft cabin door means it has to fold in half. The last HCM I had was two twins with a king pillow top sewed onto it and I could fold it in half but it was a one sided mattress, innerspring too, and after the years, got old and I tossed it.

I had lots of quotes and decided to look at my futon guy, he makes innerspring mattresses that fold. He made me the box springs, they are high density foam, and the king on top.

I added a memory foam topper for that pillow top feeling and all that was only $620.00 OTD, not including the topper memory foam or the new comforter set the Admiral chose.

I'm very happy with the end result and wanted to pass this along. He is going to make my V Berth cushions, innerspring finished both sides so I can flip them too.

I have a very comfortable aft cabin now.
Attached Thumbnails
King Bed1.jpg   King bed4.jpg   King bed2.jpg   King bed3.jpg  
Capthead is offline   Reply With Quote