Bringing a vehicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Honda Uni-Cub is an interesting concept. This video does a pretty good job of showing it's capabilities. Oh yeah, catchy tune goes with it.

I am presently designing a small hydraulic crane to lift and service the generator as well as load and unload my Harley. I am planning a trip to Florida and would like to bring the bike along. I'll let you know how we make out.

Be careful where you locate all that weight, in case your boat tips over!:whistling:

Being a motorcyclist for over 40 years now I think a scooter on the boat makes perfect sense. I bought the new Honda GROM and it would be perfect for the boat application but you would need a dingy crane to unload it. Great little bike I might ad.

2014 Grom Overview - Honda Powersports

Being a motorcyclist for over 40 years now I think a scooter on the boat makes perfect sense. I bought the new Honda GROM and it would be perfect for the boat application but you would need a dingy crane to unload it. Great little bike I might ad.

Looks cool; a new version of the Honda monkey bike.

Yours weighs 225 lbs, mine is Sky 'bubbly' 165 lbs.

Drag race!!! Mine Max's out at 55mph........(down hill, following wind)

....and yours?

Hah, I can hit 55 on the flats and that's luggin' around my 6ft, 225 lb frame :whistling: I have half dozen bikes in the garage and this is the one I ride the most, by the way it is a 4 speed manual, that's right... A real clutch :socool:

Hah, I can hit 55 on the flats and that's luggin' around my 6ft, 225 lb frame :whistling: I have half dozen bikes in the garage and this is the one I ride the most, by the way it is a 4 speed manual, that's right... A real clutch :socool:

Whoa up a minute.

I have 4 gears and mech clutch too, But can you move off in 2nd gear?
The bubbly 125cc has stump pulling torque.

...and mine has a low fuel warning light!

Last edited:
:surrender: but I put Race Tech suspension under the front and an Ohlins shock on the rear along with steel braided brake lines and a yosh carbon fiber pipe....now it only cost 5 grand :lol:

....sorry for taking this thread off topic, just having a bit of fun

Just had a look at this bike - I like it! :thumb:
Last month I mentioned to Julie that it would be nice if one of the bikes was better able to go on the motorways (Highways) 2-up. That would probably do it. ;)

Lol. I guess you could or should be able to load anything if you spend that much. My sons weld shop is designing one made from aluminum tubing and a manual hydraulic jack. The simplicity makes it practical and it goes together with quick pins in minutes. Since we replaced the rear deck with 1/4" aluminum plate last year the anchor rings are already there. The lift was originally planned just for the generator but since that time we decided to alter it to handle the Harley. Complete cost estimate is about $500. Labour is free. My kids owe the old man. Lol

The RV people solved the problem long ago you plunk a aluminum skiff on the roof of the trailer than you have the mobile cottage the tow mobile and a boat.

Back
Top Bottom