Post Office beyond help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
Slow Hand
Vessel Make
Cherubini Independence 45
:banghead: Your postage dollars hard at work. :banghead:

My wife works in Oil City, Pennsylvania as as a college dean. During one of their recent cold spells -20 F, a water pipe on an exterior wall, broke in her apartment. Management moved her to a different apartment. She was in 3D; she is now in 3E. My dutiful wife put in a change of address from 3D to 3E. Her mail comes to the Oil City post office where there is a forwarding order at the old address sorting box. The mail is then sent to a regional sorting center in Virginia. There it gets recoded and sent back to the Oil City post office. From 3D to 3E takes an additional 7 days. Was this designed by the people who built the Obama care website?

Ted

I once received a 9 x 12 manila return mail envelope with some banking documents. I scanned the documents to the bank rather than mailing. Seemed a waste to throw away a perfectly good, unused envelope so I neatly marked out all the business reply information and used it to send a photo to my mother in Connecticut. The envelope got to Connecticut (according to a processing stamp), but then it was sent to a processing center in Texas where they put it inside an even bigger post office reject envelope, and sent it back to me in South Dakota with a notice that business reply envelopes cannot be reused, even if all the original information is marked out or labeled over.

Idiocy.

It amazes me we still get delivery 6 days a week, but that's what happens when you let congress run a business, it get's all f'ed up.

All part of too big to fail....

Like those senseless taxpayer funded "studies".
A $20 trillion dollar debt on the backs of generations of our children. If the politicians want more money to buy votes they just OK more to be printed - no shame whatsoever! They are All complicit.

Sure wish there was an effective way to fight against it - obviously voting does no good; i.e.: last election.

There is absolutely no need for Saturday mail delivery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Trawler

There is absolutely no need for Saturday mail delivery.

I would be ok with alternate day delivery. You either get Monday, Wednesday, and Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Cut the delivery system by 25% (you can't deliver the same amount of mail with 1/2 the people).

Ted

I rely on email for almost everything first class. If it wasn't for my wife's magazines, my mailbox would empty most of the time except for the pesky unneeded junk mail that still goes by snail on its trip to the mailbox and then to the trash bin. We do get an occasional delivery from Amazon or another online retail business when UPS or Fedex does a joint delivery with USPS.

Suspect we could survive on once a week delivery except around the holidays. In fact, during the summer, we do just that. I sign up for premium mail forward with the USPS and get a package every Friday. Of course, they botch it up a lot. For awhile they were sending the next door neighbors mail in the package. Then they started sending mail for someone across town. It was really bad when we ended up getting some ones delivery of prescription drugs. In that regards, the screw up by USPS could have resulted in a health incident if the person needed the meds for a critical illness. They are none too careful about what they forward.

Years ago we'd all get mail every day. Today we have what's called a super box. Postman delivers all the mail for our condo association to one area and we have to walk down the street. Well sometimes I go 10 days without checking. When I get there 80% is flyers and junk. I know I'm not alone.
As OC said every other day would be fine in today's world. We need to face reality and stop p#$%ing money down the toilet. Unfortunately the boys in Washington don't get it.

"Unfortunately the boys in Washington don't get it."

The folks in DC get huge support from the newspaper , magazine and junk mail folks.

Cash is king with politicos wanting life long employment.

.................. When I get there 80% is flyers and junk. ............... We need to face reality and stop p#$%ing money down the toilet. Unfortunately the boys in Washington don't get it.

Actually, they get it better than you think. In fact I think they get it better than you do. The 'junk mail' and flyers is currently what is keeping the USPS open and functioning.

If you get no junk mail, the next option is going to be going to a PO box at the Post office to pickup your mail. Be careful what you wish for.

I'd be just fine with no junk mail at all and once a week delivery. If I wanted a package sooner having the option to go get it at the post office or shipping fedex/ups.

I can remember business mail delivered twice a day. In Australia the postal service side of Aust Post is losing $ due to reliance on electronic communications, the loss is offset by an upsurge in parcel delivery of online purchases but not enough to staunch the red ink. Postage is likely to rise, with different rates for next day and for slower delivery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom