Hurley davits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wmiii

Vessel Name
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Vessel Make
Mariner 40
I've searched and have found several mentions of the Hurley davits, but have not seen where anyone has them. Am I missing those posts or have the owners just not posted on them?
They appear to be what, I think, would work very nicely on our 40' Sedan style trawler. They apparently would give us the ability to easily and quickly deploy and retrieve our dink.
Any users that could comment?
Thanks,
Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Mariner40
Marathon, FL

Wm.,

They appear to be very similar to Trick davits. I (and several others on this forum) bought and installed a set Tricks.

They have worked very well for me the past two seasons.

Rob

Thanks,
I'll look at Trick davits

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Mariner 40

For anyone who has Trick or Hurley or any other similar type of davit, How difficult is it to get your dinghy up?
I have a 10' Mercury dink with a 15 hp. Yamaha that weighs a little less than 300 lbs. (105 dink, 135 motor plus fuel tank)
I'm not sure my back can lift it.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
Mariner 40

Our dock neighbor has Hurley davits, 10' (-ish?) RIB with 5 hp 4 stroke... says he can do it, but I don't hear about them actually using it much. I suspect (but don't know for sure) that its intimidating enough for him that it influences their use of the dinghy.

FWIW, I have the Jatco Trillogy lift on our swim platform, with the dinghy cantilevered aft so we can walk between boat and boat. The dinghy mounts from the side, and it's pretty much a one-handed job with the mounted hand-winch. Our dingy is a 10'4" RIB (310) with inner floor (135 lbs), and a new 15-hp 4-stroke electric start Suzuki (106 lbs). Plus 3-gallon fuel tank (rarely full), plus small battery (~19 lbs).

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom