Coast Guard restricts Chesapeake Bay Boating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The headlines said no boating north of the bay bridge until 15 April. I don't think that is really what the message says. Sounds more like you need to check before you head out. It may be restricted at times in specific areas.

Damn this global warming!!!

I skimmed it but I thought it said till April 15, you need to get permission to enter the bay above the Bay Bridge.

The 3 ice conditions would restrict the permitted traffic.

This affects me directly as I have to transit the area to be back to work in NJ by April 15.

Ice this year could be an issue.

Attachments

• random-4[1].jpg
    random-4[1].jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 339
Things may have changed in the last few days in that area. In the Del river/Philadelphia area, pretty much all the ice disappeared 2 days ago in the rain/fog/warming wx.
Ches bay is probably close to the same. Set up security zone MAY mean no/restricted transits.

Things may have changed in the last few days in that area. In the Del river/Philadelphia area, pretty much all the ice disappeared 2 days ago in the rain/fog/warming wx.
Ches bay is probably close to the same. Set up security zone MAY mean no/restricted transits.

Even the description in condition three makes it sound like there may be no vessel requirements but it still sounds like you have to request permission to transit unless the safety zone is lifted.

Or am I just reading it too bearacratically?

Hey, Jack, if you're still in the area Sunday, let me know. I'll be in Delaware City working on Stella. Like to buy you a beer or two.

Ian

The problem seems to be too many damaged ATONs to list in the LNM.

Sorry Ian, still in Jamaica! Flying home to Jax on Tuesday. I'll keep you to that offer when we cross wakes. I get my info on ice conditions by phone from colleagues.

Last edited:
Hey, Jack, if you're still in the area Sunday, let me know. I'll be in Delaware City working on Stella. Like to buy you a beer or two.

Ian

Going to put her back in the water on Sunday???

Would like to see that. May have to walk down and watch / lend a hand if needed.

Tom

Sorry Ian, still in Jamaica! Flying home to Jax on Tuesday. I'll keep you to that offer when we cross wakes. I get my info on ice conditions by phone from colleagues.

Definitely, Jack. Safe travels!

Going to put her back in the water on Sunday???

Would like to see that. May have to walk down and watch / lend a hand if needed.

Tom

Hi, Tom. Thanks for the offer. Sorry, I won't be splashing her until mid-April. Sunday, I'll just be making sure a pocket that formed on the shrink wrap is draining and doing other minor things. Stop by anyway if you see a ladder leaning on the transom. We're right by the fence. Here's a shot of Stella coming out of the water last Oct.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom