All the trawler you could want for 50K

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regrettably I dont have any pics. But if its still floating its still there. Work Of Art, cant miss it. Probably hasnt come up with the funds for rigging or ballast yet but I havent been there since a year after Rita hit. The boat had NO STRINGERS wood or otherwise, it was just a fiberglass tub with stud walls. His motor mounts for the Dorsett combine engine (great engines) were large built up ant hill looking lumps of glass mat and resin. They bolted 4 3/8 inch flat bars to the engine, set it in the boat and built the "ant hills" around the bars, no rubber at all. He needed a heavy gauge wire to his house panel but instead of buying 50 feet of number 2 Anchor marine wire he used a large comunications cable that had I dont know how many pairs in it. By his calculations it had enough copper to equal the number 2. He stripped the ends, crimped a connector on and was good to go. Most of the stuff he did was absolutely amazing, in a "O M G" kinda way. And yes, the coonass dumbass analogy is spot on :)

I think some peeps are missing the point of the Sabine River/ Cajun Mantra.
The Sabine River divides Louisiana and Texas. The Cajuns (Louisiana) use this saying referring (derogatory) to their Texan neighbors.

I didn't miss it....have used the saying myself once or twice as I am a registered Coonass!:)

I'm from Texas (y'all) and my wife was born in Baton Rouge, so I understand both nationalities. ?

Back
Top Bottom