New member checking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OntheHook

Vessel Name
On the Hook
Vessel Make
Four Winns Vista 378
Hello all,

Hailing from the still frozen north. We live in Wisconsin and boat on Lake Michigan out of Sturgeon Bay. Born and raised in Superior and boated Lake Superior for years before moving to Madison 25 years ago.

Hoping to retire within 5 years. My wife and I have discussed selling the house and living aboard the summer months and snowbird in our 5th wheel during the winter.

Currently have a planning hull which likes gas way to much. We plan to sell/trade her for a trawler when the time comes or until a deal comes along that we can't pass up. Been lurking on the forum for 6 months and have learned a lot for which I thank you. Anxious to continue learning.

Thanks, Jeff

Welcome! Good luck with your search and keep us informed.

Hi Jeff,
Welcome to the forum.

Ted

Welcome! Let us know what you get. I've been up your way a few times -- on land. Looks like some beautiful cruising grounds, and fresh water to boot!

Welcome... and good luck with the search
The Great Lakes have some great cruising...
Huron's georgian bay & north channel are spectacular... looking forward to getting back that way one of these days.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Looking forward to searching out our next boat but first I'll continue reading and learning so we make an educated short list to consider.

O C Diver I've enjoyed reading the thread of your current major refit. Very well written.

MrJim and Bacchus, you are correct in that we do have some beautiful cruising grounds in the Great Lakes. Nice anchorages and ports of interest every 20 miles of coastline which are boater friendly. We have cruised the North Channel about 10 times. The rugged beauty of northern Lake Huron is something I will never tire of.

Again, thank you all for the welcome!

Welcome and I am in the same boat ..... errr situation.
>>>>>>>>>Action

Get a comfortable and slow boat; then enjoy the scenery/experience.

Last edited:
Welcome
Please delay asking any questions about anchoring for at least 1 year!!!!!!!

Welcome, hope it warms up soon, my admiral and I too share a cruising dream after retirement.
Good Luck!

Welcome!

Boating is not for the faint of heart... it is for people who really have heart!

:socool: :D

Ho Jeff, welcome aboard

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom