It's Official..Sandpiper Arrived!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
15 knots feels like it's 10 knots slower than Moonstruck. :blush: Seriously, she cruises at 17 knots & it feels great to see the sea rushing by again. I'm not knocking trawler speeds but here in SoCal if you want to get the most out of your weekend, cruising in the teens is a big help.

Her name was La'a Kia & Renee renamed her.

Nice name and very classy graphics.:thumb:

Now, show us your lower helm.:hide:

Congratulations - I hope you enjoy her tremendously.

Richard

What a Swan Walt. A big white Swan in the sun. Wonderful!!

You say she "arrived" .... from where?

Last edited:
What a Swan Walt. A big white Swan in the sun. Wonderful!!

For a second there, I thought you were talking about Mark's dinghy...

Attachments

• Mark's-dinghy.jpg
    Mark's-dinghy.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 124
Now, show us your lower helm.:hide:
Interesting comment.....we didn't want a lower helm. We wanted a dinette so we won't have to eat on the coffee table. We have a huge fly bridge (Some of the faster boats don't..:whistling:) and since the controls are electronic, we will run a wire or two and mount another set on the shelf just forward of the dinette. Also, a remote to our AP will be along side of the throttles and shifters, giving us a poor man's down helm.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
The boat was in Newport beach, about 80 miles north of San Diego and moved to the Marriott marina in San Diego & then to my marina (SunRoad) on Friday, the 6th of March.

In Queensland state, north in a tropical zone, no lower helm is common. More south in NSW not common (may imply an ex Queensland boat), in Tasmania well south I doubt a FB sees much use. Local build Riviera and Maritimo boats often have the FB so solidly enclosed and glassed you could use it comfortably anytime. Sandpiper may follow that path.

Interesting comment.....we didn't want a lower helm. We wanted a dinette so we won't have to eat on the coffee table. We have a huge fly bridge (Some of the faster boats don't..:whistling:) and since the controls are electronic, we will run a wire or two and mount another set on the shelf just forward of the dinette. Also, a remote to our AP will be along side of the throttles and shifters, giving us a poor man's down helm.

It's terrible to be old and not have a flying bridge, but alas I probably couldn't climb up there.:eek: Being this old speed is my friend.:speed boat:

Back
Top Bottom