It's Official..Sandpiper Arrived!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Finally dotted the i's & crossed the T's on the purchase of our 2006 Ocean Alexander 42' sedan. We are super busy stowing our gear for a summer of marina hopping up the west coast.

Attachments

• IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 159
  • First Meal.jpg
    First Meal.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 154
  • "Sandpiper's Arrival".jpg
    "Sandpiper's Arrival".jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 157
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
That's a beauty! Thanks for sharing the pics! Congrats!

Kevin
Portland, OR

Beautiful! Congratulations!!

Very nice!!!

Congratulations!!

Very nice! Congratulations Walt!

Ted

You did it. Good for you. Now, get cruising. She's a beaut.

Congrats Codger! She is beautiful! Fun days ahead and all the stress in the buying process will fade away!

Good deal Walt. Now you can choose to do all the things we on TF recommend or go up the Coast and have fun.

Did I tell you that your anchor is the wrong kind, it is too small, and you don't have enough chain?:D

luckily you can get cheap chain online from china. It's all the same, chain is chain :whistling:

luckily you can get cheap chain online from china. It's all the same, chain is chain :whistling:

Practical sailor tests would not agree with your all the same concept of chain is chain. I suspect the cheap chain is true it is cheap and that may apply to more than the price. Chinese SS is also cheap and some of it rusts badly. The quality of metal is variable and if you want good quality you may have to do some research and pay more than cost of china chain. PS did point out in June 2014 that the basic G30 chain from a good manufacturer is probably a good way to go and that the HI test G70 and other higher rated chains may not be needed.

Last edited:
Nice photos! She's a beauty! Congratulations and enjoy!

Awesome boat (and nicely set table)! Enjoy!

Very nice Walt!!!! They have had one of those for sale around here for awhile....dunno if it is gone yet. I sure like the lines of it though!!!! The one here has Yanmar power. What about yours???

Wow, she is a beauty. Congratulations. Looks like it's going to be a very nice summer for you!

You look great in a flybridge, Walt! What a beaut...and no exterior brightwork! We're going to need lots more pics, including the fridge. What does 15 Kts feel like?

Congrats on your new ship. Will the name remain Sandpiper?

Time for a road trip!!

Lovely boat, looks like new. Congratulations, happy cruising.

I sure like the lines of it though!!!! The one here has Yanmar power. What about yours???
Thanks, John. "Sandpiper" has Yanmar 440s & cruises comfortably at 17 knots. 23 knots at WOT. (I didn't want to go faster than "Moonstruck.") Don's a nice old gentleman & deserves to keep the speed record. :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 126
What does 15 Kts feel like?
Congrats on your new ship. Will the name remain Sandpiper?
15 knots feels like it's 10 knots slower than Moonstruck. :blush: Seriously, she cruises at 17 knots & it feels great to see the sea rushing by again. I'm not knocking trawler speeds but here in SoCal if you want to get the most out of your weekend, cruising in the teens is a big help.

Her name was La'a Kia & Renee renamed her.

Attachments

• SandPiper.png
    SandPiper.png
    68 KB · Views: 125
Lovely boat, looks like new. Congratulations, happy cruising.
Bruce...truer words were never spoken. She's a 2006 with 282 hours. I had the engine cooling system overhauled, heat exchangers, hoses, thermostats, coolant, etc. and she runs at top speed without any over heating. I was concerned that the low hours after 9 years could be a problem. They aren't! I have a "Gel-Coat repair guy (artist!) coming to repair a few pimples and warts and then she will be better than new. I'm also thinking about updating the electronics but so far I'm rather intrigued with the Raymarine E-120s.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-02-14 at 6.46.11 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2015-02-14 at 6.46.11 AM.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 143
We're going to need lots more pics, including the fridge.
I've learned my lesson....no more photos of the inside of my fridg.:whistling:

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 139
Back
Top Bottom